5. Hari Knows Things

You crouched with Hari on top of a stoplight, carefully watching the burning car. Chisaki was healing each and every one of the wounded burglars that were in the accident.

"What's the point of this?" I asked again.

"I don't know, I think it's just for dramatic foreshadowing." Hari said, with the hint of a smile in his voice.

You chuckled and then scratched at the corner of your mask. You didn't like how the edges itched against your skin, which is probably why you had rarely worn it.

"Overhaul, we better go before someone catches us here." Hari called out to his leader.

"What are you two doing up there?" Chisaki asked.

"Keeping a look out, like you asked." You said.

"But why... Ugh, nevermind, get down from there, we're leaving." He shook his head and walked away from the burning car.

"Ladies first." Hari whispered, gesturing to the ground.

You whipped your head around to glare, only to end up whacking your beak against his. It was impossible to gauge his expression, but your shock was clear through the covering on your face.

"Don't worry, I won't tell." He said.

"Oh, okay. Well good." You turned and walked down the pole to step onto the ground.

He jumped down next to you, and the pair of you caught up to Chisaki. Walking in silence all the while.

_____

It was a whole week before you got to speak to Hari again. The situation with the Hassaikai was getting increasingly convoluted.

"How did you, well, ya know..." You glanced at him out of the corner of your eye.

"There were some hints but I think the deciding factor was that cute face of yours." He said emphatically.

You blushed under your mask and hissed.

"Don't freak out, not like you're my type or anything." Hari chuckled and pushed back his clockwork locks.

"What is your type then? Oh wait I know, you're always so excited to see that new girl you brought in. Miss Shirakumo this, Miss Shirakumo that... Yeah I see you." You were glad to have something to hold over his head. You stuffed your hands in your pants pockets and turned your nose up at him.

"Agh, are you kidding me Momo? She's with that guy from the League of Villains. Everyone knows that." Hari said, unconvincingly. An uncomfortable redness had erupted on his ears.

"Hehe, I got youuuu! Poor Hari's in loveeeee." You cackled.

"What! No! Look who's talking."

"What do you mean!" you almost shouted.

"Making googly eyes at Kai every time he is within a mile radius." Hari quipped. "You can't tease me about shit, look at yourself for once. That's half the reason I figured you out. You're always trying to flirt with him, even if you don't realize it.

"Bullshit! I don't make eyes at... at Chisaki." You fumbled with your words.

He just smiled and patted the top of your head affectionately. "Poor Momo's got a crush."

"No, I don't!" You slammed your fist into his shoulder, making him flinch back in shock.

"Ouch! Mind not using your quirk on me? You'll end up breaking my arm!"

"I don't have... a crush... No, definitely not. I'm not that stupid."

"It's not stupid. I think it's kinda sweet. I mean, I've caught him looking at you too."