𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 3

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐲

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐲

:...........○.............•...........●.............°............:

When you had woken up, you were alone in the hay bed. Memories flooded your head. The nice man, the mysterious man, the ghost festival, and your crying fit. Your face got red in embarrassment, why did you cry so much!?

You exhaled and looked around the shrine. You were all alone. Your eyebrows furrowed anxiously, they couldn't have left you alone right? They promised they would never leave. 'Breathe in...and out.' You calmed down with a sigh. No they wouldn't have left you. Maybe they were out in the front? Whenever you were younger your baba would be outside, working on stuff in the morning.

'Yeah! That's probably it! No need to worry!' You gave yourself a silly, but serious look, and got up from the bed and walked out to the front yard. You pushed the curtain away with your hand and waddled toward Xie Lian, and San Lang.

Whenever you had made it to your destination, Xie Lian had finished brushing San Lang's hair with a comb. Xie Lian's outcome was more on the....messy side. It was a messy braid that had a few hair pieces falling out of it.

Xie Lian had caught your figure from the corner of his eye."Ah! A-(Y/n) there you are, how was your sleep?" Both heads turned towards you, and you jumped in shock from the attention. You stared at the floor, your fingers nervously twiddling with each other. "T-thank you..." You whispered out. Your head was still facing the floor, but now you had a red hue of embarrassment on yours cheeks.

Xie Lian awed at you in his head, keeping a calm manner on his face."For what a-(y/n)?" "For taking me in, giving me food, giving me clothes, just everything!" Your fist tightened and you looked up at Xie Lian. Your eyes sparkled with adoration. Xie Lian looked at you with a wide-eyes expression. He the chuckled,"A-(y/n), I think anybody in their right mind would help a mistreated child." "No...not me. They would take one look at me and runaway." You held your horn with you hands.

"I don't look like other children... my mother always said that I was a spawn of a demon because of my horn..." Xie Lian's eyes scrunched up in disbelief. "A-(Y/n)," San Lang interrupted,"if you saw a child getting bullied because of their apperance would you help them?"

"Of course I would!" You replied with a worried look. "Then what makes you so different? If you would help someone with 'unusual' looks, then why can't someone help you even if you're different?" You looked up at San Lang with big doe-like eyes."Plus," added Xie Lian,"being unique is a good thing! If everyone looked similar then we would all be boring. We need rare individuals in this world. It would be quite weird if me, you, and San Lang all looked the same, right?"

You stared at them for a second until you blushed a little at the (somewhat) compliments."Ah! That reminds me, a-(y/n) we need to get you some new clothes, and I need to brush your hair."