world + rules

the magic universe

the magic universe.

(warning: infodumping ahead!)

THE WORLD OF XYNEA [xy-nee-ah] is one where magic and fantasy stories come true

THE WORLD OF XYNEA [xy-nee-ah] is one where magic and fantasy stories come true. Fairies, witches, mermaids run wild, and magical plants, technology, and features are everywhere for easy consumption. Xynea has many different nations, all with their own subsets of magic races and powers.

The typical Xynean is a "Xyman", which is the Xynea version of a human. They have a slight affinity for magic, and only hold very basic magic powers. Along with those there are special races that are gained due to strong energy and power; these are not hereditary.

Xymen with very strong auras and energy can develop the ability to transform into winged creatures, and these are called FAIRIES. Most commonly, they are only females. Xymen with strong ambition and willpower will develop into WITCHES or WARLOCKS, who cannot transform but are granted stronger magic. The only difference between these are the fact that Witches cannot transform, and their powers are developed from different places—emotional energy and empathy (Fairies) versus resolve and willpower (Witches). Neither Fairies or Witches have a stronger likeness to being "good" or "bad".

WARDEN FAIRIES is more of a profession rather than a "race" or "ethnicity". Warden Fairies are strong and intelligent, using their magic for good and to help people, sort of like freelance superheros that protect and guide the world and universe. They are very well looked upon by society, and being a Warden Fairy is not only one of the most illustrious and reputable careers, but also one of the most difficult to become.

XYKRANE is the final fairy form a fairy can evolve into, and is the strongest form. The one other form a fairy can transform into is XIMANE, a base fairy form.

The XYKRANA ARCANE UNIVERSITY FOR FAIRIES is an all-girls' finishing academy that teaches fairies to become stronger, more powerful, and eventually Warden Fairies. There are three years, and students typically enter at age 18 or 19 and graduate at age 20 or 21.

The magical elements and types in Xynea are as such: COSMOS (sun, moon, galaxy, darkness); FIRE (flame, explosions); ELECTRICITY (sparks, storms, tornadoes); WATER (rain, oceans, liquids, ice, frost, snow); EARTH (rocks, gravity, dirt); NATURE (plants, animals); MENTAL (aura, illusions, dreams, reflections); and SOUNDS (music, reverberations, energy waves).

The nations of Xynea are bountiful and typically element-specific. There is COSMIA, of cosmos; BARNET, of flames; FYJUL, of electricity; SUBTERRA, of earth; FARNIA, of flora and fauna; RAZINE, of mental magic; and HYMNUS, of sounds. The last nation is XYNEA, the capital of Xynea.

Together they exist in harmony and diversity, boasting fairies and witches of every type and every ability. Some would call Xynea a utopian society, but it is easy to become corrupt and selfish here, and want all of the world's riches for yourself...

 Some would call Xynea a utopian society, but it is easy to become corrupt and selfish here, and want all of the world's riches for yourself

rules.  

PINK GLITTER SPARKLE! please be kind
to everyone applying. notify me of any
name changes or hiatuses, and remember
to engage! this is an applyfic after all.

RAINBOW GODDESS SHINE! i am
accepting faceclaims of any ethnicity!
i do prefer actresses, singers, & k-pop
idols, please no instagram users, etc.
ensure your faceclaim matches your
age (~3 years older/younger).

FLAME OF THE MOTHER! all characters
will be OCs, including love interests. no
real-life people or characters from other
pieces of media. not all characters need
a love interest; it is optional.

SEAL OF SUNFIRE! forms will be gdocs
or pastebin. please keep things simple,
legible, and concise. additionally, you
can only apply for one slot. there will
be no first-come first-serve.

CALM OF THE STARS! all unaccepted
forms will be adapted into side characters
unless you specify you are uncomfortable
with it. all inactive appliers will have their
characters continued to be in use unless
you specify you are uncomfortable with it.
otherwise you will be replaced with another
applier's form.

REVIVAL RUNE! following and and sharing
this story on your timeline is not required,
but greatly appreciated! make sure to add
to your library to get updates too!

REVIVAL RUNE! following and and sharingthis story on your timeline is not required,but greatly appreciated! make sure to addto your library to get updates too!

feel free to pm or comment any other questions you may have!