Chapter 1

"Look around," a voice inside of me screamed, and I couldn't hear anything else . Not even the ticking clock that disturbs me the whole night. I woke up and I checked my phone, the brightness of the screen was piercing my eyes like daggers and somehow I managed to check the time . It was 4:56 AM . I looked around and everywhere in my room it was pitch black . I wasn't scared but I felt cold . Unusually cold, and the voice in my head was still echoing.  I wanted to stand up and take a walk, but it was freezing outside, and I chose not to.

It's freezing temperature almost all year long here, that's why it's called icylay and we the people are called the icyzees. It's a chilly season for almost 9 months, and I  love it because it matches with my heart and my soul. People here are totally different and separated from the rest of the world. It's like a mini planet in the middle of the glaciers where the world doesn't know us as of yet, or maybe my dumb head thinks so . Otherwise, how would we have been able to use all the new technology like the internet etc . Silly me! Well, I like to think the silliest things that are enthralling.

After much thinking, I can find the sunlight breaking through the curtains straight on my face, saying, "Good morning, Liza," and now I am craving for my morning coffee if I won't get it maybe I'll lose my cool and I want to eat pancakes too. Food is my first and my only love . I am imagining every meal right now. Thank God it's a Sunday, so I don't have to go to school . I will be able to take pictures for my school assignment that's due tomorrow. Let me tell you, I love taking risks, and I love doing things last minute.