She was busy observing all the decorations when Neil came wearing a black three-piece suit. They smiled as their eyes met. He pulled out a chair and gestured her to sit. He himself settled opposite her, all the while looking at her. Her cheeks flushed as she felt his gaze upon her, so to deviate him, she waved her hand in front of his eyes.

Neil: Haan... Kya?

Mini: Umm... Yeh sab... Kis liye? I mean...

Neil: Celebration ke liye kisi reason ki zaroorat hoti hai kya?

She smiled at him.

Neil: Lekin aaj, definitely ek reason hai.

Mini: What is it?

Neil (smiled and held her hand): Happy Birthday, Mini.

She was taken aback. She saw the time and it was 12. Her birthday had always been an event for her which wasn't worthy of being remembered, considering the fact that she had gone through the worst on that day. It only gave her pain to think about that. But today, it didn't hurt like it always used to. Today, she felt special about this day once again and realization hit her. She was healed completely, and he was the reason. Overwhelmed, her eyes welled up and she looked down.

Ho Mera Kujh Vi Ni Changa
Main Sab Likheya
Ohne Mere Layi Tainu
Labb Likheya
Ho Edda Likheya Ae Mere
Muqaddar Ch Tainu
Ho Jivein Rabb Ne Seene Te
Mere Rabb Likheya
Rooh Meri Nu
Sukoon Lagg Gaya Ae
Sukoon Lagg Gaya Ae
Tere Nehde Aan Te...

Neil (came closer to wipe her tears): No more tears on this day. I know things had been very difficult on this day in the past, but it changed you to beautiful person you are today, Mini. We can think about the good part, right? This day is special because it marks your existence, and we will celebrate it.

Mini: You are right Neil. We should think about the good part and the good part about today is, our paths had crossed 7 years ago, unknowingly, on this day. And for sure, it is special to me. I know this day was nothing less than a nightmare for you too, still you...

Neil: Shh... it doesn't hurt like that anymore. I feel free from that baggage of my past and it is because of you, Mini. You brought me sunshine when I only saw rain, you brought me laughter when I only felt pain. And you know what, now I feel it was all worth it because at the end, I have you by my side. I have found a home for my wanderer heart in you and that is enough.

Mini: And the way you have healed me is something I still find miraculous. When I met you, I had never thought that one day, I will be free from cage of my fear, that I will be in love and cherish that feeling every single day. Thank you for making me realize who I am. And yes, even I feel, it was all worth it, because at the end, we are here, like this, and that is enough.

Neil: We are enough.

They smiled at each other while their eyes were moist, as they revisited old days and thought about how destiny brought them together.

Neil: Ok now, cut the cake.

She did the same and they fed each other.

Mini: Thank you for making this day special for me once again.

Neil: Ahem ahem... sirf thank you se kaam nahi chalega. (She raised her eyebrow) Dance?

He forwarded his hand to her. She nodded and placed her hand in his. They stood up and walked a little away from the table before Neil pulled her close.

Hova Main Kinaare Te
Baitha Takkda Ja Tainu
Ek Phullan Di Nadi
Hoye Nadi De Vich Tu
Ek Besharam Je Khayal Dekh
Aa Rahe Mainu
Ek Phullan Di Nadi
Hoye Nadi De Vich Tu
Jaani Te Hunn Tainu
Chhoon Lagg Gaya Ae
Chhoon Lagg Gaya
Agg Lagg Gayi Jahaan Te
Ishq Tere Da
Khoon Lagg Gaya Ae
Khoon Lagg Gaya Ae
Meri Zuban Te...

She looked into his eyes and saw nothing but pure love for her. They moved very slowly along with the music, not focusing on the steps much because the emotions were too strong in that moment. Not for once they broke their eye contact. He twirled her a few times and pulled her close. Her back collided with his chest. He removed her hair from her shoulder and kept his chin on her shoulder line.

Neil (in his husky tone): Waise birthday tumhara hai but... I wanna ask you for something, may I?

These words were enough to give her shivers down her spine. She nodded a little as words failed to leave her throat. He suddenly twirled her again to make her face him.

Neil: Will you give this "complexity personified" Neil Oberoi a chance to call you his wife for lifetime? (part 4, if you guys remember)

She chuckled at the reference while tears rolled down her cheeks. She gulped, trying to answer him but words ditched her once again as the emotions, the feelings she was going through overpowered everything else. She opened her mouth to say something but once again couldn't utter a single word. Getting irritated with her own self, she frowned and the next second, she kissed him with all her love. Her acceptance, her affirmation, her feelings, her love, her trust, all reached him through that kiss, and he smiled through the kiss seeing how her reflexes work before responding back, pouring all his love, dedication, admiration and trust for her. They broke the kiss running out of breath, but continued to look into each other's eyes, as if living in that moment to the fullest. He cupped her face and kissed her forehead innumerable times, before embracing her in his arms like a priceless possession, and she too, let herself drown in, knowing that it was her safest place.

'cause they were each other's home❤️

It wasn't too much, was it? 👀 Anyways, that's it for this story. I am already missing my detectives. Their journey became special for me too and you all made it extremely special. Thank you so much for being the best readers.

Happy Reading ❤️