Ch 3, Part 4

Rantaro's POV

Kaede and I soon made it back to my room. I closed the door behind me as I entered, then sat down next to Kaede on the bed.

"What's the point of this?" Kaede eventually asks, breaking the silence.

"The point of me taking you to my room?"

"Yeah.. We're all going to die soon anyway, we'll be nothing more than memories.."

"Will you stop that? We're not going to die. We'll find a way out of here, I promise you." I put my hand on her back, trying to comfort her.

"Mhm.. Why did you bring me here? I'm not that interesting, am I?"

You're way more than just interesting to me..

That was weird, Rantaro. That was a fucking weird thing to think.

"I'm going to be taking care of you, okay? I just need you to stay here, that's all I ask." I told her.

"What if I starve to death?"

"What- No, it's not like that. Just stay here for now, not forever.. Just until everything gets sorted out."

"What if it doesn't get sorted out? What if you die while I'm in here and I have no way of getting out?"

Oh my god this Kaede is going to be the death of me.

"I- Nothing like that is going to happen, I guarantee you. I don't plan on dying any time soon.. Stop worrying so much, okay? You might explode if you do."

"Really? I wanna try-"

"It was an expression." I flopped down on the bed, annoyed as ever. Tsumugi did this on purpose, didn't she?

"..I made you upset. I'm sorry." Kaede said, looking down.

"It's fine, all I ask is that you stay here, okay? I'll be back in a little bit when I figure out what to do with you.." I sighed as I got up and left the room.

I went back to the dining hall, where everyone still was, surprisingly.

"Well? Did you manage her?" Maki asked me as I walked back in.

"Um, sort of? I mean I just told her to stay in my room until we figured out what to do with her and the others, so.. Is she okay staying there?" I asked.

"I would suppose so, yes. But if you don't want to keep her caged up, that is also fine, she doesn't seem to be too bad. The only person that would actually need to be caged up is Shuichi.." Kiyo said.

"Yeah, that's what I did with Miu, I just left her alone since she isn't harmless, she's at her lab working on something now.." Kiibo mentioned.

"Indeed.. Speaking of which, Kokichi should be back by now, yes? Assuming that they haven't divulged into a conversation.." Angie pondered.

"No, you're right.. Not that I care too much about him, but where is he?" Maki asked. That question would be answered shortly..

Kokichi busted through the door, swiftly shutting it behind him. He was out of breath, so he was probably running..

"What happened?!" Kiibo asked, now worried.

"Nothing much, don't worry! We just.. Got into a bit of a disagreement and now he wants to kill me!" Kokichi said. He was smiling, but I could tell that it wasn't genuine.

Just then, there was rough knocking on the door.

"Open up, Kichi~! You can't hide from me forever, you know? After all, I want you to meet my new friend, the kitchen knife!" Shuichi said, laughing maniacally.