🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Chapter 30

Beginne am Anfang

During their lunch date, Jessica noticed Hobi's mind was elsewhere. With pressed lips, she wondered whether his mind had wandered off to the arrogant designer. She began to dislike Noémie because she knew how to make "her'man' stray." Jessica found it strange that the two oblivious people had a fascination for each other that went undetected by the regular eye.

She felt great jealousy whenever she caught Hoseoks' gaze, which was always fixed on the exquisite beauty. The French girl was unquestionably gorgeous, as evidenced by the admiration of nearly every one of the Cartier VIP guests that visited the high-end store.

Jessica knew it would be tough to reclaim her love. Hoseok was fed up with their long-distance relationship, and she understood his reluctance to accompany her to the United States. She is still certain that they must work on the missing link in their relationship. Especially if they've been in love for ten years.

Hoseok was aware that the feelings of sadness and sense of being so detached from this relationship had begun around 2-3 years ago when his restraint had been put to the ultimate test.

He loved Jessica almost as much as he loved a close friend or sister, but the passion faded away.

Jessica continued to want to spend time with him until she went to the United States. He was aware that her mind had gone off the grid. She wants him back, but he's through. He is well aware that he no longer loves her as a future wife or girlfriend. He fell out of love a long time ago and never realized it.

Jessica appeared overjoyed when he reluctantly offered to go with her to the exhibition evening. Hoseok could only shake his head at her restored happiness, wondering why she appeared so smug.

He dropped Jessica off at home, then headed to his office to wrap up some work before returning to his private residence. He was delighted to see Gervais enter the store this morning. He appeared to be there to pick up Noémie for lunch, who had escaped a short while before. He knew she ran away from him, but he wouldn't let her slide through his fingers.

Hoseok was taken aback when he saw her in her light blue expensive outfit. He couldn't take his eyes off her fit and toned body. She had his imagination racing to undiscovered territories he wished to return to.

He could see the emotions flashing beneath those licorice irises as they met eyes this morning. But she remained stoic and surrounded herself with cool professionalism. He was conscious that his presence rattled her and made him feel disoriented.

She was the first female to push him over the edge. Her sheer presence hypnotized him and caused his mouth to dry up. His heartbeat was pounding wildly in his chest, and he knew he needed Noemie.