celebrations

@evanblair_

liked by frankirby, bethanyengland4 and 25,908 others @evanblair_ put your hands up if you won the wsl :))

@evanblair_ put your hands up if you won the wsl :))

@bethanyengland4 My girl!! She never misses 💙
@evanblair_ my bestie 💙
@frankirby what a strike from you
@samanthakerr20 you're welcome for the assist
—@evanblair_ love u lots 🫶🏼
@barclayswsl congratulations blues, chelsea secure the wsl title for another season 💙

——

And so that was that, first season back in blue. It was uneventful as we dominated the league, only losing three matches, once to Arsenal, Man City and a shock loss to Brighton in which I didn't play.

"Evangeline!" Beth Mead shouts through my phone, oh what have I done. "Do you want to come with us on a little getaway before the euros start to kick off?"

"Yeah of course where we going? and who's going?" I asked her.

"Ibiza I think, and its just like myself, Viv, Katie, Steph, Jen, some others and friends of friends." She says.

"Don't you think that's pure awkward inviting me on an Arsenal holiday." I questioned.

"Its not an Arsenal holiday, just some of the peeople going play for Arsenal."

"I don't know Beth, I don't want it to be awkward i quite literally just beat you guys to win the league."

"Are Chelsea not talking a trip?" She asks.

"Nah I think people are just going away with their significant others. Boring." I told her.

"Well think about it, what's there to lose. Text me whenever you decide but we're booking it in a couple of days." Beth says.

"Yeah, i will do, thanks Bethy." I say hanging up the call.

The thought of going on holiday with people I had hardly interacted with off the pitch (i'd been to Beth and Vivs house more than once) gave me some type of anxiety i'd never had before but a part of me wanted to go, it's a hot country, I could relax and be at peace for a few days, and obviously Beth had asked because she wanted me there.

So here I was a day later phoning Beth.

"Hey Bethy, any room on the plane for me?" I asked.

"Oh my god yes! of course there is girl." I can hear her running around her house. "Viv! Evangeline's coming on the trip."

"Text me the details and i'll send you the money, when are we flying out?" I asked.

"15th of May." She says.

"Beth that's in 4 days?!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah I know, look i'll just book your seat on our flight and we have a villa so there will be a room for you, don't worry." Beth assured.