TWENTY-SEVEN: screwed up; confession

Start from the beginning

---

As time flew without her knowing, she has finally finished her final assignment of the semester. Checking on the time, she felt quite accomplished as she had finished earlier than anticipated.

Hence, as she began making her way out of the silent zone of the library, she was surprised to see a figure sitting casually on the couch, being occupied on his phone.

Sunghoon.

What was he still doing at the library so late?

Maybe she should just avoid him in case he was playing tutor again.

Taking the fact that he was glued to his phone to her advantage, she made an attempt to quietly walk past him. As if she had not seen him at all.

"Am i invisible now?" Sunghoon chuckled before standing up. His voice had instantly made her stop her pace, as if a spell was chanted; Sunghoon effect.

"Oh hey." Meiyon awkwardly turned around.

"How did it go?" Sunghoon was now side by side wit her as she could finally control her legs again.

"I managed to finish."

"Good girl."

Good girl? So now he was treating her like a child.

As salty as she was, she couldnt help but feel her stomach slightly twist for a second. It all ended when she wondered how many other girls he had said it to.

The walk was silent as she didn't know what to say. She didn't undertsand why she was feeling this way. Maybe she should check her cycle on her app when she gets home.

"You wanna grab dinner?" He finally broke the ice.

"I'm not hungry." She dryly replied as she didn't even spare a glance at him. Maybe she was tired, or maybe she really wasn't tired. But there could also be a chance that it's because she was scared.

"You haven't eaten all day." His tone began slightly worried.

"I had a big breakfast." She spoke whilst still maintaing the cold tone in her words.

"Hey..." Sunghoon suddenly stopped in the middle of the pathway as he gently reached out for her arms to stop her steps as well. Meiyon could've broken free and continued on, but she let him hold her captive. "Did something happen?"

His voice, everso gentle.

In all honesty, she had no idea why she was acting this way. She didn't understand why she felt the urge to avoid him. The desperate need to draw a line between them.

The desire to create a cold distance.

Perhaps deep down, she was aware. She felt thatt if she really did look at him, she would feel her hurt sting. Not in the way when she had trained to the point of collasping, but rather this crushing pressure that makes it hard to breathe when she is around him.

"I'm fine." She replied, still avoiding his eyes.

It hurts.