𝗥𝗘𝟰:𝗥 || [5] EXHAUSTION

"Rosie?"

A voice called the young agent, after a few more moments the girl finally opened her eyes and faced blue set of orbs.

"Leon...?"

She coughed, noticing she is struggling to breathe properly. She felt her throat ache, as she tried to soothe the pain away her eyes darted all around the room.

"Where are we?"

Rosie asked, still running her neck when she remembered the man in black practically choking her to death.

"Still in house, but I got a key that could help us."

Nodding her head she finally realized where she is stationed, Rosie was sitting on Leon's lap as his arms still wrapped around her. A light tint of blush covered her face when she tried pushing him away.

"Y-You can let go now."

The girl stated to Leon. Rolling his eyes he pulled his arms away from her letting Rosie stand up and patted down her clothes. With one hand out, Leon grabbed it and his friend helped him up to his feet like her. According to Leon she wasn't knocked out for too long, saying she is only gone about 20 minutes or something.

Leon ordered Rosie to go outside and take a fresh air while he scope the house one last time, agreeing she stepped out and looked around the dead and pale area. Her sensitive ears heard noises of a painful whimper. It sounded like an animal in danger, her feet led her to the side of the house and saw a wolf getting caught on a bear trap trying to escape.

"You too, huh?"

She muttered walking towards the wolf, she placed her hands on the trap trying her best to help the dog release from its hold. Sadly, she doesn't have muscles but the trap budge only for a little bit.

Her hands felt warm when she saw another pair on top of them, looking over her shoulder she saw Leon giving her a small smirk before helping her pull the trap.

Once the wolf's leg got released, Leon grabbed Rosie's hand immediately and pulled her away from the trap before she could get her hands caught.

"Take care!"

The girl called after the wolf thanked them with a small how then running off to who knows where. The two partners gave each other a smile before walking away.

Leon tapped her shoulder before nudging his head towards a direction, looking over his shoulder she saw a gate which may lead somewhere. Nodding her head the two of them set off towards it.

"Does the key you got fit?"

She asked soon as they are infront of the door. His only response was a shrug on his shoulder, earning an eye roll from Rosie.

Fortunately it did fit and the gate opened. Rosie noticed the colors of the sky, it looked either sunset or sunrise. They have been staying in the village for a long time, she also hopped that Ashley is still okay even if they're still trying to find her.

Leon noticed the girl beside him spacing out, like always. She never changed after a these years, she is still a space cadet. Her eyes became a bit bigger from being lost on her thoughts, her mouth slightly agape.

With a smirk, the agent pinched her nose causing her to snort without even trying when she breathe in. Rosie snapped out on her dazed and sent Leon punches with every power and strength she got, but the long time agent just blocked it all with one hand.

"Leon! You piece of shit!"

She yelled sending a punch on his gut, finally landing on the target causing Leon to grunt in pain, before holding her hand with his left one on her right hand swinging it back and forth as they reached a gate.