TWENTY-FIVE: magical effect

Start from the beginning

"How about you just practice your own parts."

"After you cooperate with me." Meiyon spoke slyly. "Come on, I just want to try the lifting part."

"You're going to get crushed."

"You have no faith in me."

"You can't even bench 40Kg." Sunghoon finally turned around to meet eyes with the curious girl. "Let alone me."

"One try?" Meiyon was not the type to give up. She was an ambitious high achiever after all.

Seeing how persistent she was, Sunghoon finally gave up. There was something about her that made him want to agree with everything she says. What was this called?

The Meiyon effect; softspot.

As they had reached the part wherein Sunghoon originally lift Meiyon in the air, he didn't really expect her to attempt it seriously.

Everything had happened too abruptly.

One second they were still standing, the next they were on the ground.

It was no surprised that Meiyon had failed but it was not a misery.

As Sunghoon fell on top of her, he made sure one of his hands were supporting his weight to prevent his body from fully crushing hers, whilst the other supported her head from meeting the ground.

As he was about to scold her for such reckless behaviour, his mind instantl changed upon seeing her reaction.

Again, Meiyon effect.

Laughing so giddily, all his worries had vanished upon seeing her joyful character. Never had he seen her laugh this much, let alone aloud.

It was impossible to argue with a girl laughing so hard to the point her cheeks were beginning to flush. It was like someone had just cracked up the funniest joke she had heard all year.

Shaking his head, Sunghoon as about to get back on his feet until he realised that her arms were still wrapped around his body. He had the power to break free from her embrace, but he didn't.

Instead, he had done the opposite.

This had finally shut Meiyon up as she felt the body weight on top of hers. Though it was suffocating, it was sure surprising. She could tell he was still supporting his weight so not all of the body mass was on her.

Considerate to an extent.

"What are you doing." Meiyon laughed as she smacked his back.

"You tire me out." He muffled as he laid his chin on her shoulder.

"Well looks like you're aging fast." She chuckled, "Okay sorry, let's continue practicing."

"Hm." He only responded before rolling to the side whilst still holding onto her waist; switching position.

Feeling this unfamiliar tension, Meiyon could not read his mind at all. As ridiculous as it was that they were on the gym floor, facing each other with their bodies so close to each other.

Thank goodness this was a private gym.

Meiyon knew she could free herself anytime she wanted. He wasn't exactly holding onto her tightly, only just enough for her not to lose balance. However, mch like Sunghoon, she chose to stay.

"I'm recharging my battery." He smirks causing Meiyon to suddenly feel insecure as she took in his perfect visuals. She didn't like the idea of her entire face being exposed to someone with such a high class face card. Turning her head away, it was as if Sunghoon could read her thoughts.

"I never noticed how pure you looked."

"What."

"You always have this unapproachable demeanor yet if we look closely," Sunghoon shifted his head to look at hers clearer. "You're like a bunny."

"So I look like an animal to you." Meiyon spoke emotionlessly.

"Always twisting my words princess." Sunghoon chuckled. "I'm saying you look so innocently cute, yet at the same time you can be intimidatingly pretty."

Wow.

Hearing such exquisite compliment from the king of visuals himself was sure an ego booster. True, she had been complimented many times, males and females, but this one sure hit the spot.

"Unbelievable." She muttered under her breath.

"Unbelievably handsome?" Sunghoon smirked as he finally decided to get up.

"Unbelievably Intolerable." She got off to continue her workout routine.

How could someone be such a smooth talker?

Or was it just because Sunghoon was the one who had said it?

Sunghoon Effect.

21/12/2023 ---> spent $400 on christmas gifts for three people today. oh my goodness, bank is crying.