Dance

"Nicolas?" Genevieve's lips barely move, her face not shifting, her eyes fixed straight ahead, watching the dancing.

She had danced for hours, laughed along with everyone else and played the host with her father.

But she was bored. And boredom, for Genevieve, was the worst possible punishment.

Her brother looked at her for a moment, only to ask her if there was a problem.
"Is something the matter?" His eyebrows were tactifully raised, poises to question yet not gruel.

"No, it's just that there is an awfully pretty girl over there who is begging for your attention." She smiled at him, beckoning him to go.

He looked up to see a young woman, no less than 20, staring intently at him. He inhaled quickly, eager to impress her with his wisdom and poise.

"But I can't..."

"No, don't worry, its quite alright. I was thinking of retiring to my room anyway. Somehow all of the excitement has rather gone to my head."

"Quite..." Nicas was already lost, and beginning to walk over the beautiful lady, who coyfully beckoned him with her fan.

Genevieve took the moment of distraction. She started to walk to the ballroom door, yet someone grabbed her arm as she was almost out.

"Genevieve?" All the colours and loud music was getting to her head. They must have drugged the food, because everything was blurring into one.

She thought she'd escaped the Happiness for at least one night.
Drums boomed from the corners, strobe lighting illuminating the hall, messing with her head and her mind...

She felt her head compress, and regardless of the person tugging on her arm, she ran outside.

The night air was cool and bit her skin like shards of glass. She ran, though, past the lights, the gardens, the drug stores. Until, finally, she had reached the walls. The huge concrete fence yltangled around the city, full of the rich and famous, the young and beautiful.

Outside the walls. That's were she wanted to go. She could always hear them singing, crazy melodic tunes, completely dissimilar the the distorted synth that she was used to. She wanted to escape Fantasia.

She wanted to live in an adventure.