Chapter 5 - Rimuru's Resolve

Start from the beginning

"Hey Kiyo, wanna head lunch together?"

As I approach him, I gave out my invitation while showing my casual friendly smile.

"That would be nice. I'd love to."

He'd love to, huh. Looks like, he was taught how to act from that school.

I can clearly feel that he was wary about me, but I still remained my friendly aura around him.

"That's good. Shall we go now?"

"Sure."

We left the classroom together but on the way to the cafeteria, curious stares are directed at us. Out of nowhere, a blond short haired girl approached us.

"Hello, Ayanokoji-kun and Tempest-san. Sorry to bother you but I just want to ask a question for Ayanokoji-kun."

"For me?"

"Yes. You're close friends with horikita right?"

"I wouldn't say that we're that close."

Him close with horikita? I would say that they are acquainted, but what about it?

"Is that so? It's just because I see you and horikita talking with each other at class that I assumed you were old friends."

"Well we do talk sometimes. But she doesn't see me as a friend or something. After all I just met her yesterday."

"Oh. Okay. Sorry for bothering you."

"Did she do something?"

"No. It's just I want to be friends with everyone so I got almost everyone's phone number, but when I asked for hers, she blatantly denied it."

She did huh. She must've seen something wrong about this girl.

"Is that so? Well I'm sorry to hear that."

Kiyo apologized even if the situation does not concern him at all. I find it amusing how he can act like that.

"Can I take your phone number?"

By her serious attempt, I was surprised to say the least.

Look at him. He's confused isn't he? Fufufu

I laughed at my mind but kiyo still gave his phone number.

"Here is my number"

"Thank you. You can call me kushida so it's fine. What about you Tempest-san, may I have your number."

"I'd rather not."

I gave a direct cold response to her.

She's weird. Why is she asking people for their number to begin with?

"Is that's so? Sorry to disturb you. I gotta go."

After that, she left and both of us started walking again.

"For you to be approached by a girl. You seems popular despite your robotic attitude aren't you? Kiyo."

I slightly teased him a bit and he looked at me quite peeved at my words.

"Come on. I'm just joking so don't look at me like that."

He listened to my words but decided to ask a questions of his own.

"Hey Rim. Why are you being too close with me? What will you gain from involving yourself with someone like me."

He's being suspicious of me now.