i'll spend forever wondering if you knew (i was enchanted to meet you)

Start from the beginning

"Igarashi! Isagi!"

As [Name] rolls their eyes, they glance over to Raichi, who is grinning manically while watching the two run. [Name] remembers Raichi's rank, 294th, and thinks that Raichi is great at endurance, but his personality leaves much to be desired. Not the person they are looking for. However, they can be persuaded.

As Raichi barks out, "Your endurance is fucking garbage! It makes me laugh!" [Name] can't help but feel annoyed. Raichi continues, not caring the slightest bit, "And you think you hot shits can become the best strike in the world?! Might as well give up now! Go home at this point!"

"How about you shu-"

As Igarashi struggled to catch his breath and stumbled off the machine, his face turned an alarming shade of green, cutting off from finishing his sentence. [Name] rolled their eyes as they knew what was about to happen, watching as the soccer player bolted towards the trash can. Igarashi doubled over and retched, emptying the contents of his stomach. The sour stench filled the air, making it difficult for the others to stand nearby and move away from the teen.

"I really don't care, Raichi." [Name] said with a tone of indifference, looking away from the vomiting athlete. Raichi, however, found the situation amusing and erupted into raucous laughter, his finger pointing towards Igarashi's hunched-over form. The sound of Raichi's cackling only added to the disgusting scene of Igarashi's retching.

As [Name] continued on the treadmill, they focused on their breathing and the rhythm of their steps, ignoring the laughter from Raichi. They knew that he was only trying to distract them with his jabs in hopes of bringing them down, but they weren't going to let him succeed.

After a few more minutes, [Name] turned off the treadmill and stepped off, feeling the rush of adrenaline and the sweat dripping down their face. They grabbed the towel provided by the organization and wiped their face and neck, feeling refreshed and energized.

Looking around the gym, [Name] saw that some of their teammates were still pushing themselves on the various machines and equipment. They decided to do a few stretches before doing their jumping exercises. Going through the routine, their mind trails off to their teammates. Right now, the only ones that caught their attention are Meguru, Hyoma, and Rensuke. The first being is Meguru and they cannot wait to dig their claws into him. They noticed that at his level, he hasn't unlocked his full potential, and they want to be the ones to bring it out in Meguru, no matter the cost.

Nevertheless, they have noticed that Hyoma is holding back. [Name] can only assume is because of the injury he sustained in the past year. It will be troublesome, but they will find a way to get him back on track. They couldn't let that talent go to waste.

Soon enough they go to doing jumps with Kuon.

"Ready, go!"

[Name] jumps in the air at the same time as Kuon. Of course, they jumped higher than Kuon, seeing as they had to jump around three hundred centimeters into the air to dunk the basketball into the hop. The highest for Kuon is sixty-three centimeters.

"Wow! How high can you jump?" Kuon inquires as he looks at [Name] in interest.

"High." [Name] didn't say anything after that as they took a sip out of their water bottle. He noticed their expression and didn't ask any further. Although, he couldn't help but feel a bit put off by their stance.

The bell rings, signaling it is time for lunch, [Name] stretches with a yawn escaping their mouth, making their way towards the cafeteria for lunch by themselves.

At the cafeteria, you get rice and miso soup, but your side dish changes on what ranking you are [Name] thought to themself as they looked at the scanner in interest. When it was [Name]'s turn, they placed their arm in front of the scanner with an air of indifference. The machine beeped and displayed their ranking, determining what side dish they were to receive. Only to get natto. They promised themselves that they would push harder to raise their rank and get something more satisfying than this shit in their hand.