She went downstairs to find Chun-Ho already there, laughing at something. Everyone was there, including Ha-Yun, who still looked like she hated the fact they were there. As soon as Chun-Ho noticed her, he patted the empty space next to him. She made her way to the sofa, taking a seat beside him as he wrapped a hand over her shoulders.

"How was the shower?" he whispered in her ear.
"Heavenly," she said and he chuckled. "How is your foot?"
"Better now that I took a shower. I'll let you look at it later if you want." She nodded and then turned back to the others, who were watching them.

"Well, I'm glad the clothes fit you," Da-Mi said, breaking the silence.
"Yes, thank you."
"I shouldn't be the one to thank, they were Ha-Yun's clothes," she said and Chae-Yeong looked over at her. That was unexpected.
"Well then, thank you."
"That doesn't mean I like you," Ha-Yun said. "You saved my life earlier, so think of this as my way to repay you. We're even now."
"So we're keeping tabs?"
"We're not keeping tabs, because it won't happen again."
"As you say."
"Could you stop being such a bitch?" Ji-Eun asked her.
"Careful," Seong-Jin threatened her.
"Come on, it's not like I'm lying. She's been like that since morning, you were thinking that too, I was just the one that had the courage to speak up."
"I'm on my period, stupid," Ha-Yun told her before she got up and left the room. Seong-Jin threw Ji-Eun one last look before he got up and went after her.

"How could I have known?" Ji-Eun asked and Da-Mi rolled her eyes.
"Next time, just shut up."
"Anyway," Han said as he cleared his voice. "I don't think our guests here are really interested in our drama, so let's start with the beginning. There are some rules in this house and we would appreciate it if you would follow them. So, first things first, everyone has a day when they wash the dishes and do the laundry, so you will be no exceptions. We take dinner together every day. We search the area for resources every two days. Any questions?" Chun-Ho and Chae-Yeong looked at each other before she spoke up.
"That's all? No food or medicine regulation, bullets limit, just washing the dishes and doing the laundry?" That seemed oddly weird to say out loud.
"We have enough food for a few months at least, so there is no need for food regulation. As for the medicine, we don't get hurt very easily, so we don't really use it. And bullets, we have a strategy for when we are going on search and encounter spheres, so we use only a little amount  every time we go on search."
"What strategy?" Chun-Ho asked. The three of them that were still left looked at each other, but didn't dare to say anything.
"You'll get the chance to see it the next time, even though I think only your girlfriend can do that, your foot will slow us down. Any other questions?"

"I have one for you two," said Da-Mi. "Do you really think we don't notice the way you whisper behind our backs?" Chae-Yeong's heart stopped for a second. "I mean, I can understand why you don't trust us, we're not technically best friends, but you should at least know that we're not going to hurt you. And we're good guys, you just caught Ha-Yun at a bad moment. So why so hesitant?"
"Look, we didn't mean to offend you, but we've been through a lot until now and it'll take a while to get used to this. But I don't think we're going to stay long, we need to get back to our camp. Of course, we will help you until then, fix your car and everything else, but after that, we will be gone."
"But I thought..." Ji-Eun said. "I thought you were going to come with us to Seoul."
"We can't do that," Chun-Ho told her. "But thank you. And speaking of that, do you have, by any chance, a radio?"

❃❃❃

"Here," Ha-Yun told Chae-Yeong as she handed her a plate. She thanked her and she walked away, going back to the kitchen and coming back with two other plates and Seong-Jin by her side. The two of them took a seat at the table and they all started eating. They were so caught up into the conversation they had on the sofa that they didn't even realize it was becoming dark outside. Ha-Yun and Seong-Jin prepared the dinner while the others shared some events from the past few weeks. Soon, Chae-Yeong and Chun-Ho opened too, sharing some of the things they went through, telling them a few things about the kids and explaining how they got here in the first place. Ha-Yun flipped Da-Mi off when she started laughing because she learned Chae-Yeong saved her life.