Change to a better one

The next morning went by with a tragic morning as the kitchen sink explode all over the kitchen leaving a flooded floor and a wet family who tried their best to mend the situation.

At first, it was a small leak that was gradually becoming a waterfall then a flood comes in, as the overflow water cease to stop Karol quickly call the owner of the house and explain the situation they are in.

Almost 10 minutes later the owner was at the front door frantically ringing the bell, Karol thrust the door open, revealing the owner and his handyman.

While the handyman starts working, the middle-aged man who was the owner of the rental house profusely apologised to them; "I'm so sorry for the inconvenience I've cost. This was supposed to be fixed before you come to the house, my son forgets to call the plumper and straight away give you the password to enter the house"

Immediately William starts to crack his lame joke while trying to lift the mood by saying; "No, it's okay no harm was done and we have fun too in the kitchen," to which Anna adds; "Yea. It's no biggies seriously no problem at all. It was an unexpected morning that's all" as she looks pity at the owner.

"It is our fault because we were supposed to be constantly alert in this situation," said the owner looking guilty.

Karol looked around and smiled at the owner as she said;

"Sir don't say that, this is an unexpected situation that can happen any time or any day. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. You know things happen for a reason"

"Thank you miss, but I'll change you to a gated community house that's near mine for the duration of your stay and do not worry about the payment it'll still be the same price as this house," said the owner as he pointed at the broken pipe house and hands over the new house keys and card.

"This is the house address, just go there and said that you are the new tenant and the security guard will allow you to enter and guide you to the house" add the owner as he sent the address through message.

"Okay, thank you, then I guess we should get changed and pack up?"

"Before that, em, do you know where can we eat a good brunch around here?" asked Karol as she turn to look at the owner of the house.

"Go to Elm's Dinner it's just around the corner from here, you'll see it when you are on your way to the new house or do you want me to show you the place?".

"No, it's okay, we can go by ourselves. We'll go up and pack our belonging quickly then we all head out. With that you don't need to come here again and waste your time by travelling back and forth just to show us the place" said Sharon as she holds the house keys.

An hour later with the family out of the house after everything is packed and ready to load into the car in which Sharon hands over the keys to the owner; "Okay, everything ready and this is the key for this house, see you later,".

Sharon then walks over to the car, slips herself inside the car, next to the driver's seat and off they drive away to head over to Elm's Dinner.

"First thing first how long are we going be here?" asked Karol as she spotted the diner and drive towards it in which she immediately add; "Can we do like a week here then we head to Conry for the remaining weeks or the other way round?" suggestively as they have arrived at the diner.

"I'm down with anything," said William.

"Me too, I follow what your daddy says," said Anna.

"Let's decide later," said Sharon as all of them simultaneously exit the car.

All of them walked towards the empty diner and sit at the window booth, 4 booths away from the enter/exit front door as the waitress welcome them.

"Hi, here's the menu and how may I help you on this lovely day," said the waitress.

"Can I have 2 cups of coffee and 2 cups of tea, please. Oh, and a slice of your apple pie and blueberry pie with a swirl of whip cream on top of those pies please" ordered Karol first.

"Coming right up missy, anything else?".

"Can you tell us your speciality?" asked Sharon as she can't decide.

"Sure, we have the waffle beef burger served with a scoop of macaroni on the side accompany by salad, the steak double cheeseburger with our homemade fries coated with our seasoning and last but not least our greasy big M which serve with our homemade fries coated with our homemade seasoning and that's our top 3 sellers for lunch,".

While placing her order, Sharon nudged Karol's side and asked; "Then we will take all 3 of those and put the macaroni and salad in a separate bowl thank you, what do you want sissy?"

Karol still ponder on what she wanted; "Ermm, I don't know, can't decide on anything, can we like share?" asked Karol as she looks at her family as they nod their heads.

"Okay so those three and in small size yes?".

All four of them replied yes.

"Do you need anything else or to add on?"

"Nope, that's all" reply William as he put down the menu.

"Okay let me repeat your order, 2 cups of coffee and 2 cups of tea. A slice of apple pie and blueberry pie both with a swirl of whip cream on top of those pies, do you want it to be a big swirl or a small one?" "Big one on top of those pies please" reply Karol with a smile.

"Sure sweet cheeks," said the waitress as she continues reading their order.

"Okay, waffle beef burger served with a scoop of macaroni on the side accompany with salad both in a separate, the steak double cheeseburger with our homemade fries coated with our very own seasoning and the last but not least our greasy big M which serve with our homemade fries that coated with our homemade seasoning, that's all?".

"Yes that's all," said Sharon as all of them hands over the menu to the waitress.

At the same time when the waitress take the menu from Sharon, Karol stands up, tap on her shoulder and asked; "Ermm, could you point me to your restroom?".

In which the waitress replied with a smile; "Sure sugar, follow me" and walks off towards the counter area before pointed the restroom area for Karol.

At that same time, as Karol follows the waitress, a group of boys come in and take their seats next to their booth. In a single glance, anyone who looked at them instantly knew that they were brat kids.

"Can we have the menu please hot mama?"

Said one of the boys making Sharon perk up her interest and alert on them while the other boys laughing, well except one, who clearly felled uncomfortable with the other 3 delinquents as he keeps on looking and checking their expressions while trying to fit in.

Like a true professional waitress, she put on her smile face, grab the menus and head over to them.

"Here you go boys and I'll be back in 5,"

The waitress hands over the menu to them and walks away, clearly giving them time to choose and not wanting to be in a situation where they will tease her or downgrade her.

All of a while, Sharon who has eyeing them slightly smirked and snort as she said to herself; 'This is interesting' while pretending to read something on her phone.

The boys were playing around, joking here and there while talking trash all of the whiles making one of the boys that was clearly uncomfortable with them excuse himself by going to the toilet.

"Guys, excuse me I need to go to the restroom,"

And yet his words seem nothing to them as they ignore him.