Chris gestured to the teenagers before him, "The campers sitting around you will be your cabin mates. Your competition. And maybe even your friends, you dig?"

Oliver found himself looking over the contestants around him with a nervous look. He definitely couldn't win against any of them.

"The camper who manages to stay on Total Drama the longest without getting voted off will win $100,000."

Duncan smirked as he asked Chris, "What will the sleeping arrangements be?" He then pointed to the ravenette girl beside him, "Because I'd like to request a bunk under her." Oliver grimaced at the comment.

The girl, Heather, recoiled in disgust, "They're not co-ed, are they?"

Chris shook his head, "No. Girls get one side of each cabin and dudes get the other."

Oliver found himself nervously playing with one of his rings.

Lindsey waved over Chris, "Excuse me, Kyle? Can I have a cabin with the lake view since I'm the prettiest?"

"Okay, you are," After Chris said that, Oliver looked at the man with disgust, eyes wide as he covered his mouth. The host then continued, "But that's not really how it works here. And, it's Chris."

Oliver honestly found himself zoning out after that, opting to rip out the grass that was at his disposal. He heard something about two girls with attachment issues? Whatever, bullying the grass at his feet seemed more entertaining.

Gwen held her head in her hand with a deadpan look, "This cannot be happening."

"You and me both." Oliver found himself replying with a joking smile.

Before she could talk with the brunette, Gwen was pulled into a headlock alongside Tyler by the big guy, Owen. "Aw, come on, guys! It'll be fun! It's like a big sleepover!"

Oliver dropped his head into his hands, already feeling a headache growing. He wasn't used to being around this many people out of school, especially ones asking stupid questions. Was there any Pepsi Max he could chug?

"Here's the deal," Chris started, grabbing everyone's attention again, and saving Gwen from Owen's grasp. "We're gonna split you into two teams. If I call your name out, go stand over there." He pointed near Oliver's 'group' of weirdos.

The brunette boy smiled humourlessly, "And so it begins."

He was anxious for the beginning of the show but hoped he could last at least a few weeks. More time in the competition meant less time at home.

"Gwen, Trent, Heather, Cody, Lindsey, Beth, Katie, Owen, Leshawna, Justin and Noah."

The selected teens walked over to their designated area before Chris tossed a banner at them. "From this moment on, you are officially known as the Screaming Gophers."

Oliver raised his hand. "Gophers don't scream," which was pointedly ignored by Chris, though it did cause a chuckle from Gwen.

"Wait, what about Sadie?" Katie started whining.

Chris ignored the girl and continued, "The rest of you, over here. Geoff, Bridgette, DJ, Tyler, Sadie, Izzy, Courtney, Ezekiel, Duncan, Eva, and Harold. Move, move, move!"