•CHAPTER 6•

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗘𝗫𝗜𝗧

I had been spending more and more time with Glenn, doing things to liven up this horrid place. Glenn was always full of ideas and they all seemed to keep me entertained... and keep my mind off of Wally.

I mean, it was good for both me and Wally. I for one, didn't have to see every moment Wally pined after Maddie. And secondly, he was able to spend some of that time with Maddie.

Glenn had become a good pal.

We ran the hallways with fits of laughter, running away from the scene of other angry resident spirits.

We may have accidentally set up explosions of lined up sodas across a groups book club time. Yeah it wasn't pretty.

Glenn grabbed my hand pulling me into a closet, as protection from the angry mob. Once we were out of sight, he began to laugh, holding onto his stomach in response.

We stood in the closet for a few more moments, just in case the mob decided to circle back. Glenn eyed me curiously, a small smile framing his face.

"Lori?"

"Yes, Glenn?"

He paused, contemplation overtaking his expressions, "why have you hung around me so much?"

Lori laughed, shaking her head, "what? Do you have a problem with me spending time with you?"

He shook his head furiously, "no! Not at all! I'm just curious as to why all of a sudden you want to spend all your time with me?"

My smile faded as I shrugged my shoulders, "i don't know. You're just fun to be around I guess. You make this death more meaningful, more adventurous, and just overall more... if that makes sense." I scrunched my eyebrows at the way i tried to explain.

"It doesn't," he laughed. "But what about Wally?"

I snorted, "what about Wally?" My voice carried louder than i meant it to be.

"I just mean I don't want to be the person you hang out with just because you can't hang out with him." I was shocked to say the least. Was I really hanging out with him because I couldn't hang out with Wally? No. I chose not to hang out with him.

"Glenn, I am choosing to not hang out with him. I am choosing to hang out with you."

His lips formed a small smile, "you really just find me interesting?"

"Hell yeah!" I laughed.

"Good because i find you really interesting as well mate." I smiled, my mortal life no one found me interesting enough to know. This made me happy, extremely happy.

I didn't know what to do when Glenn, grabbed my hand, a smirk playing on his face. So, i just smiled, letting him know i was happy to be there with him.

Our hands dropped when someone yanked the closet door open. Through the door revealed a smiling Wally who's smile was quickly fading.

He cleared his throat, "Lori. Glenn." Then he quickly walked away.

"Wally?" I questioned after him but he had already been out of sight. I huffed out a sigh, placing my hand on my forehead.

"What was that about?" Glenn asked, curiosity taking over his features.

"I don't know. He can be weird sometimes." I tried to laugh it off, hoping my facade would make Glenn brush it off too. But deep down I was curious as to why he ran. As well as if I should run after him?

"Hey how about I meet you later for scoping out dinner options?" I nudged Glenn's side, eager to go find my friend.

"Okay around 5?"