•CHAPTER 4•

IF YOU LEAVE

I skipped the sunrise the next morning. Wally hurt me whether he meant it or not. I wasn't ready to be near him alone.

This morning I grabbed my own crappy cup of coffee.

"Morning, cherry pop," Rhonda greeted as her and Charley cornered me.

I rolled my eyes with a sigh as i accepted my fate.

"When you said you were ditching our evening group session, we weren't expecting you to ditch our special midnight session too," Charley spoke in a accusatory tone.

"I was planning on going but my plans got a bit derailed," i reasoned, biting into the donut i was lucky enough to grab before they whisked me away.

"Say, our resident jock was looking mighty angry through both of our sessions last night. Very confrontational, you wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would ya?" Rhonda held her lollipop between her fingers, a smile remaining on her face.

"Nope."

"Huh. That's interesting because i have witness from Dawn hearing yelling coming from the gym and that was identified of both you and Wally. And for the fact that you have your morning coffee alone, while Wally is sitting on the roof right now.. also alone." Rhonda confronted staring me down.

"Wow, you have too much time on your hands," I laughed it off.

"What else is there to do around here? So, is my information true?" Rhonda called attention back.

"Yeah, are you and Wally on the outs?" Charley questioned next.

"You two are annoying, do you know that?" I took a sip of my coffee, glaring at the both of them.

"Yes, yes. We're annoying. Now tell us!" Charley complained, not being able to wait any longer.

"Fine." I set my coffee down and folded my arms across my chest, "yes, me and wally got into a huge fight last night. He accused me of lying to him which i did not, then accused me of being too close to Glenn, and then i brought up that's how he was being with Maddie and he was like 'oh this is because of Maddie, what your problem with her?' and then i said what's your problem with Glenn. And then finally he said his problem wasn't Glenn, his problem was me, so i called him a dick and left." I spoke quickly, ranting out my situation.

"Woah, woah give me a minute to process, my brain can't compute that fast," Charley joked, sitting himself down at a table.

"Well, well. The story unfolds and grows more complex," Rhonda smirked before sticking her lollipop back into her mouth.

"It's whatever. He thinks i'm the problem, i removed his problem. It's solved. Anyways, did i miss anything interesting last night?"

"Beside missing donut night, nope! Nothing interesting," Charley was quick to shut it down.

"Not so quick Charley. The new girl was asking weird questions like if we have ever talked to living people here, or if the living have ever seen us. Chick was talking as if she had been seen," Rhonda shook her head. That was weird indeed.

"We all know that's impossible, Rhonda." Charley was once again quick to shut down. Interesting. I eyed him questioningly, he knew more than he let on. Charley was a terrible liar.

"Yeah well we could all remember things when we got here and she can't, so the reality of this place has been changed quite a bit already," Rhonda explained, making her final comment before leaving, "oh by the way, make up with Wally. The last thing i need is his whiny ass bothering me for the rest of eternity."