Chapter 6

You couldn't get over how everything had changed so suddenly, you felt like you were living inside the most terrible nightmare and you couldn't wake up.

You looked around, trying to locate Ivy with your eyes blurry with the sea of ​​tears that came out of them, you never needed her more than you did at that moment.

Fortunately, you didn't have to. Seeing that you didn't look well after talking to Rocky, she and Calvin walked over to you before anyone else did.

"What happened?" She asked, resting her hand on your shoulder.

You didn't say anything, not least because no words would come out being drowned out by the sobs. You just hugged her as tight as your arms could, finally breaking down in tears to be in a safe place.

Ivy just hugged you back, patiently waiting until you were ready to say.

"What happened?" She asked again after a while.

"Just take me home please, I don't want to stay here anymore." You pleaded, leaving her intrigued when you sounded so desperate.

Even though she was dying to know what really happened, she wanted to take care of you first.

As she broke away from the hug, she gently cupped his chin and looked into his face. Your cheeks were now smeared with mascara, but she couldn't help but noticing the pure sadness in your eyes.

"Fine, I'll take you home." She said. "I just need to let Miss Mitzi know and then we'll be off, all right?"

You nodded in agreement, still sobbing low.

"Can you go tell Mitzi for me?" She asked her... You quite didn't know what he was hers yet.

He nodded in agreement and went to look for the bar owner, as she led you to the exit with her arm around your waist.

Seeing you leaving, some customers started to protest, some just went there to see you and hear you sing.

"Enough!" Ivy screamed in fury, causing everyone to fall silent. "Can't you understand that she's not well? She won't sing any songs today!"

After giving the message, she went with you.

Time skip...

You changed your clothes and lay down on your bed, feeling like you could stay there forever just staring at the ceiling.

"Look, I don't know if you want to talk about this yet, but I'm worried about you." She said, resting her hand on your ankle. "What did Calvin's cousin tell you to make you look like this?"

You sat up in bed, sniffling as you wiped your nose with a small towel.

"I thought he would be happy to see me, just as I was happy to see him." You started. "I thought he was in love with me, but it turned out he wasn't."

You didn't need to say anything else, Ivy already understood everything. When she got back to Lackadaisy, she would have a very serious talk with him.

"I understand how you feel." She said. "Most men are no good and just want to use us."

"Actually, it was my fault, not his." You clarified. "I deluded myself into thinking that any man would want anything other than sex with a plump dolt like me."

"No, don't say that." She protested. "The problem isn't with you, you're perfect just the way you are."

She always said things that made you feel better, but at that moment, it wasn't working. You needed time to yourself.

"Sorry I, you know I love you, but I think I need to be alone for now." You said, trying not to drown in a puddle of tears again.

Fortunately, you had a very understanding best friend.