10 CRYING AND THROWING UP

*YOUR MOM'S POV*

Y/N seemed very shocked to see the doctor, which is kinda weird because she has seen him yesterday right? I get it, he is a handsome doctor but still...

The doctor points at 2 chairs in front of him. "Please take a seat both of you", he says.
Y/N hesitates a little but sits in the chair. I sensed the vibes are a little off but I sit down next to her.

"First I wanna apologise for my behaviour yesterday. Sorry that I was hissing at you. I was....how the youth would say it...in a silly goofy mood.", the doctor says.

What is this man talking about?!, I think to myself.
Y/N just smiles awkwardly at him.

"By the way, you look very handsome today y/n", he says after an awkward silence.

I look at my daughter in shock. Did her doctor just call her handsome??
Y/N calmly says: "Well thank you Charles."

Is she......blushing?? She calls him by his first name?! WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE?

So...... doctor Charles. Why does my daughter have to come here today?, I say trying to make it less awkward. But the doctor completely ignores me and keeps talking to y/n.

"So y/n, what does the perfect date look like to you?"
Y/N giggles and says: Well...... I like a classic dinner with candles and.......

Y/N IS PARTICIPATING IN THIS?!
'Ughum.... I'm going to get a cup of coffee in the hallway', I say while quickly walking out of the room. I can't handle seeing y/n and this random doctor flirt any longer.

*DOCTOR DEREK'S POV*

Since my meeting with the special Y/N I can't stop thinking about her. She is just so special and different. I even told her my whole lifestory. I'm afraid I may have scared her away with my actions.

The whole day I've been an emotional wreck. I am at work and everything reminds me of her. I even cancelled al my appointments so I can cry here in the corner of the hallway, next to the coffee machine. I am blasting rockabye while thinking of my mother who is probably stripping at this moment.

I was still crying in the corner when suddenly a woman walked towards the coffee machine. She didn't notice me at first but then she wondered where the music came from and looked at me.

At first she looked at me very surprised. I get her, because it's not every day you see a doctor sitting in a corner crying while listening to Rockabye. Then she walks up to me and asks if I'm okay.

I reply: "Do you know the song 'falling' by Harry Styles? That is how I'm feeling right now." And I start singing:

🎶I'm in my bed
And you're not here
And there's no one to blame but the drink in my wandering hands
Forget what I said
It's not what I meant
And I can't take it back, I can't unpack the baggage you leftWhat am I now? What am I now?
What if I'm someone I don't want around?
I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm falling-

I got cut off because one of the other doctors walked out of his office but then he saw me crying and he went back in. The doctor was just curious who was singing that specific song.

The woman still looked at me with a puzzled expression after I started singing. Then she said: "Do you wanna talk about it? I don't have anything better to do anyways."

I reply: Yeah, but first let me put falling by Harry Styles on.

*Falling starts playing*

I start venting to the woman: "So, yesterday I had this patient. I can't tell you her name of course, but............ she was just special. From the moment I saw her I knew that she was not like other girls.

When I examined her I found out she had a tumor in her throat. She trusted me with her life after she knew me for 30 minutes or something. I trusted her with my deepest darkest secrets. Then.......... I treated her........"

I started smirking a bit. "Or should I say that she treated me"

The woman looks at me with a confused look: "Wait what do you mean that she treated YOU?"

"Forget about it. The thing is...........I really think she was my true love. I am overthinking so much. I'm afraid I...... may have scared her away with my actions. Maybe I was too rough and too fast......... I don't dare to call her, even though in my head we are already married, we have 3 children (1 boy and 2 girls), we have a dog, a hamster and 3 goldfish. Random lady, please tell me what to do", I say while crying more and more. 

The woman doesn't know what to say and she suddenly comes closer. I wonder what she's going to do, but suddenly she hugs me and holds me in her arms like a mother would hold a baby. I melt in the touch. Is this what a mother's love should feel like? I love my mom, but I never got to really bond with her because she was always stripping and away most of the time. She did this for my good, of course, but my mommy issues are still there. 

In the meantime the song Falling ended and next on the playlist was, of course, Rockabye by Clean Bandit. I started to hear the words "🎶She works at night by the water🎶", and my crying turned into loud sobbing. I was sobbing so hard I almost had to puke. 

One of the office doors opened. I looked who came out of it. When I saw the person who came out of the room my heart lit up, but when I saw who walked behind my heart broke into a thousand pieces. It was y/n but........ with doctor Charles the doctor who I hated the most in this office. I tore myself from the arms of the lovely woman and started running. While I was running I started gagging. 

*YOUR MOM'S POV* 

I watched in shock as the crying, gagging doctor ran off to the toilets. I turned around to see that y/n has left the room with the doctor. She was saying goodbye to Charles. I walk up to them and say to Charles: "Hey, uhm there is a doctor crying and throwing up in the toilets. Maybe you should check on him, he seemed really upset. He was venting for like 8 minutes and 11 seconds to me. I tried grabbing a coffee but I thought it was my responsibility to comfort him."

"Oh don't worry about it, he does it often. He's a little bit too emotional for a man.", Charles responds. 

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH BEING AN EMOTIONAL MAN CHARLES?!", I hear y/n say. 

She is raised well, I think to myself.

Charles starts to stutter "N-n nothing y/n n-nnothing"

"That's what I thought", she answers.

Come on let's go y/n, I say. And we walk towards the exit. I look behind me one last time to catch a glimpse of the toilets. The only thing I hear is throwing up and sobbing. Poor doctor. 

Next to us I hear "🎶So rockabye baby rockabye. I'm gonna rock you🎶" and I see that the doctor's phone is still laying there playing music. Y/N turns to me and says: "I heard such a good emotional story about this song yesterday". And then we went home.