CHAPTER 5

Chaeyoung's POV 

After I'm done with my work, I heard my phone ring it's alarm which means I have to leave for Jennie. I fixed my files at the desk and I wore my coat. I saw IU-nnie outside, she stood up and bowed at me. I smiled at her and I offer her to drive her home. 

"I am on my way to Kim's Company, I can drive you home first unnie. It's not that far from their building right?" She was about to decline when I stopped her. "If you don't then I will tell Dad that I wilk change my secretary." I said seriously but she knows I'm only kidding as I saw her grin. She move closer to me and pinch my cheek

"As if you could do that to your unnie. Also, Mr. Park won't hire any secretary for you. I'm the best secretary, don't you know?" She asked and I laighed at her. 

"Okay, keep fluttering yourself unnie. Just agree for a free drive to your home." I said and she sighed at me. 

"Fine but this will be the last, you're always druvung me home when you will go to Kim's Company." She said and I smiled at her. 

"Sorry I can't do that." I said and laughed at her then I felt her slightlyslap my arm. "What is that for?" 

"It's for being stubborn. Remember I'm older than you. I will tell Mr. Park that your not respecting me." She said.

"As if ypu could do that to me unnie. Also, Dad will listen to me more than you." I said imitating her voice earlier.

"Of course, he will listen to you more. Anyways, stop bickering with me and just drive me home." She demanded. I smiled at her and wait for her to fix her desk. We walked side by side and went inside the elevator, I turned my aura into cold shivering face and looked at my phone when it vibrates. I saw a message from Jennie. Shit! I lost track of time. 

"Where are you?" She messaged and I replied at her.

"I'm on my way now My Love." I sent and she just ignored it. She didn't reply. Me and IU-nnie went out the elevator and walked directly to my car. I drive towards unnie's house and kept laughing with her as we keep on bickering. She said her goodbye and I drive again towards Kim's Company. I arrive at the parking area. I went inside their elevator. 

After that, I walk directly towards Jennie's office. I knocked and I she said to come in. I walked inside and I saw her furious face. I smiled at her and she raise her eyebrow the I raise both mine with innocence. 

"I'm already here. What do you want to talk about? " i asked and she stood up. She didn't answer, my eyes follow her movement not until we're both face to face. She looked me in the eyes and I didn'texpect the next thing she did. 

She just pushed me down on her chair. She glared at me. She looked at me as if I've done something so bad.

"What is it Jennie? Why did you call me here?" I asked with my calm voice and sat straight then cross my legs. 

"You're late. I told you to be here at 8pm. What did you do? Did you fuck someone before you went here?" She asked accusing me. I sighed and calm myself as I felt anger almost control me over. I breathe out again and comb my hair by my hand. I looked at her and pushed her gently then stood up straight. 

"If I'm here to be accused of what I didn't do then I guess I'm wasting my time here Jennie. I have to be home early as Mom and Dad wants me to discuss them about the marriage." I said and was about to leave when I heard her said. 

"Then if you didn't, why don't you do it to me? I'm good in bed Chaeyoung." She said seductively and caressed my back. I knew it, she will do this again to make me cancel our wedding which I will do if she don't love me back. I calmed my hormones and turn my back then leave her office. 

I went ot my car and drove directly to my penthouse. I have been living alone when I graduated and bought my own penthouse, this building is actually owned by me and the highest penthouse is where I lived. I clean myself and sat at my couch with wine in my hand. I looked at the city lights outside. Then a wonderful moon brightly shine my dark penthouse, with the stars around the moon. If you would want to know why I fell for Jennie it is because she's the girl I promised to marry when I was a kid. 

Jennie suffered amnesia when we're kids, you see, me and Jennie are famous children before as we are the daughters of the wealthiest business tycoons. We were kidnapped before and Jennie was so scared so to comfort her I told her I will marry her if she stopped crying. Little Jennie is so inlove with me before, I was the cold one and she's the bright girl. I always avoided her but she just kept going back not until this happened. A young woman took Jennie because she uses me as an excuse luckily I saw them and tried to get away from her and protect Jennie but I saw 2 men came towards us and took us both to an abandoned apartment. Jennie forgot that incident as she had a severe trauma because of it. She didn't knew that I protected her and I proposed to her when she's a kid. Anyways, going back, I am now thinking what else I should do for Jennie to love me back. I kept wondering what will I have to do for her to fall for me. I admit I'm hurting myself but I have to try until I feel numb. I know this feelings isn't just because of what I said to her when we're kids  but this is pure and real. 

I leaned my back at the couch and close my eyes. It's hard to sleep when I kept thinking about Jennie. She's all I can think and she's been corrupting my mind. I finished my wine and put the wineglass at the table. I suddenly felt tired and I let myself engulfed in sleep.