...Who do you like?

-
-
-
🖤Angst with Comfort🖤
-
-
-
WHIT POV:
It's Valentine's Day! Which I usually would 'love' (pun intended)... if it weren't for the fact I'm "The Ultimate Matchmaker" meaning everyone is going to come to me for advice, which I wouldn't really mind! I mean I don't have a girlfriend or boyfriend, so it keeps me preoccupied! But I wish I could match make myself with someone, or even have the time to consider getting a Valentine...
I sigh as I get asked by, yet another person for advice,
then another person,
then another...
Some taking the advice, some saying I'm stupid or corny for even suggesting such a thing
By the end of the day I've been asked 'what to do' and 'who they would be with' by at least 1000 different people, not an exaggeration, one of the better Valentine's Day's thankfully but still tiring.. But it all seemed worth it when I saw a certain purple haired man approaching me, seemingly nervous,
"Whit.. Can I have some advice?"
My heart drops, he likes someone else, doesn't he? I mean why else would he ask me for advice? He probably is gonna ask someone like Teruko, a girl, Whit. He's never gonna ask you.
I smile, trying not to show my sadness or stress by nodding slightly, voice being laced with slight anxiety "Sure! What do you need advice for...?"
"Just... a crush." Charles turns his head to the side, blushing slightly at the mere mention and thought of his crush, seeing a small love sick smile on his face
A smile that makes me sick because I know it isn't for me.
"O..Oh! Of course! What does this person that you like enjoy?" I say with a small smile, whoever Charles likes is so lucky... I hope they like him back, who am I kidding? Of course they will! How can you not after seeing him being adorably flustered!
"Well... They make a lot of jokes and puns, I believe they like those? Oh and they are very pink, they also seem to like hearts." Charles says, face enveloped with a deep blush.
I wonder who he is going to confess to? I mean that doesn't sound like any girl I have known about... Wow, do I really not know Charles as much as I think I do?
He didn't even tell me who he liked, I never met them...
I smile gently, trying to hide back my tears and make sure my voice doesn't shake "...You can always ask her out with a pun, or maybe get her some pink chocolates, whatever comes from the heart, something special to you both that you know you both will enjoy, just be yourself and I'm sure she'll love you" I smile gently, please don't talk about them more, it hurts enough already...
Charles nods, seeming a bit quiet until he finally speaks up "...Stop that."
...What?
"That! That look of pain on your face... like you are keeping yourself together just to help me— Oh god, Whit is that what you've been doing this whole day...?" Charles asks, feeling guilty for snapping, feeling tears brimming my eyes.
"It's nothing! I swear... it's.." I feel tears spilling out my eyes, fuck. "It's too much! Charles, it's too much!" I smile sadly, patting Charles's shoulder leaving apologetically as tears still run down my face, leaving him shocked and clearly concerned as much as I know he'd hate that I know that. I start walking off to my room, stepping in I start sobbing into my pillow, feeling like an idiot... No, I am an idiot...
I made a day about love and showing love for others into something about me... I should be supportive of Charles, I should be supportive of everyone! I just couldn't keep it together... I'm so weak..
I hear a gentle knock on my door, sniffling quietly trying not to seem too obvious, I reply "W-Whoever it is, please come back later... Sorry.." I cringe hearing my voice crack, a blunt and loud voice from behind the door calls for me "Whit, open the door and talk to me, if not me at least someone else." Wait... Is that Cha-Cha? Why is he still here? Shouldn't he be asking out his crush..?
I step to the door, wiping the tears from my face, opening it slowly immediately getting pulled into an unexpected but not unwelcome embrace,
"Don't say anything. Just.. I'm here for you."
Hearing Charles say those words make my eyes brim with tears, hugging him gently.
"Cha-Cha... You are missing your date because of me, why are you still here...?"
I pull back, my heart jumping out of my chest seeing Charles with his long purple hair up in a bun, wearing a black suit with his usual purple tie, holding a bouquet of flowers, my heart beating loudly looking at him.
"Date? What kind of foolish thing are you talking about? I hadn't even asked the person that I like out yet!" Charles trying to hide his flushed face behind the bouquet. Why would he be here then...?
All a sudden I look down at the flowers, they are pink, also my favorite type...
Oh
Oh...
I wipe away my tears, chucking and smiling
"Guess our Chemistry was undeniable..."
I look at Charles in the eyes, giving him a lopsided smile as I see his blushing face brighten, a small smile creeping onto his face, the same love stricken one from earlier,
"So Charles...Who do you like?"
"Hm, you know... just this dumb Ultimate Matchmaker, you wouldn't know him.."