My bike screeched to a stop at the entrance of the garden, and I kicked the kickstand down and leaned it next to the cobblestone gate. I passed through the stone arbor and made my way to the door. I gave three apprehensive knocks, and heard scuffling of feet on the other side. The door swung open to reveal Y/n standing there with a smile.

"Hi." She said happily.

"Hey." I replied with a smile. She took a step to the left, which revealed a view of her mom cooking multiple items at once, and Maddie and Eddie sitting at the table in conversation.

"Surprise." She said softly. I scrunched my eyebrows.

"What's happening?" I asked, looking into the room.

"Oh hey Jenna! Come in darling, food's almost done!" Her mom yelled from the kitchen while stirring something in a pot.

"We wanted to all have dinner before we leave tomorrow." Y/n explained after her mom's greeting.

"Awh, how sweet." I said, flattered by the gesture. She took my hand and pulled me inside, and the smell of freshly cooked food flooded my nostrils. The TV played in the background of the living room, and soft music occupied the kitchen. We walked towards the table, and it wasn't long before Maddie and Eddie noticed us.

"Jenna!" Maddie yelled excitedly and jumped up from her seat. She crashed into me with her arms outstretched, embracing me in an overwhelming bear-hug.

"Hi Mads." I chuckled at her enthusiastic welcoming.

"Oh Jenna, I've missed you." She mumbled into me. She pulled away and cupped my face.

"I hate that you have to leave. I'm going to miss you so much." She curled her lip sadly.

"I know, me too. I'm gonna miss you bunches." I agreed with her, and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Children, dinner's ready!"  Y/n's mom yelled from the kitchen. I watched as she untied the apron from around her waist then rubbed her hands together. She counted each dish that was steaming from the countertop, making sure she got everything.

"Okay, should be good!" She yelled excitedly. She turned her attention towards me expectantly.

"Come here, kid." She pulled me into a tight hug, and her motherly touch made me miss my mom.

Everyone filled their plates to the brim with food, and we all gathered at the table. Conversation began to flow easily, as we all exchanged stories about each other, like a dysfunctional family. The sound of laughter and the metal utensils clinging together filled the room as we enjoyed our meal, ignoring the fact that this would be the last time all of these same people would ever be in the same room together again.

It was supposed to be a happy feeling, but the anguishing thought that I was hopelessly leaving tomorrow gnawed at me. I don't want to go were the only words that my brain allowed to occupy my thoughts, and they repeated, ringing through my mind in a continuous cycle all night. This prevented me from appreciating the moment and soon-to-be memory, and I cursed at myself for it.

"I better not hear any of you fucking tonight. Especially you two." Y/n's mom glared at Maddie and Eddie, and they stopped walking up the stairs.

"Yes ma'am!" Eddie yelled. He then turned to Maddie, who was on the step with him, then giggled.

"Great." Y/n grumbled from the bottom of the staircase. I laughed and followed her upstairs.

Maddie and Eddie escaped to the guest bedroom right beside Y/n's, and there was no doubt what they were going to be doing next.