Chapter 2

You have just been sitting in your room waiting for 7 to come around. You were quite nervous and you don't know why, yes you and Snape have become close over the years but you haven't seen him all summer and your crush has only grown.

It was almost 7 o'clock and you just got finished getting dressed. You just put on a black skirt and a black long sleeve shirt. Simple but still cute and can pass as kind of formal without over doing it.

You hear some people start arriving so you head downstairs.

You greet the guests but the one you're looking for hasn't arrived yet. While the other guests mingled you stood by yourself getting kind of anxious with all of these people around. Definitely more than "just a few friends".

Lost in your thoughts, trying not to have a full blown panic attack.

"Evening ms. L/n."

I know that silky voice anywhere.

You turn around with a smile already on your face.

"You know I hate it when you call me that outside of school." You say.

"And that is exactly why I do it." He smirks.

You roll your eyes at him, god how you missed his company.

"How has your summer been? Awfully eventful I assume..' he drawls sarcastically.

You laugh. "Oh absolutelyy, you already know there's no rest for the wicked." You say playfully. Pretending to brush dust off your shoulders.

He knows how you like to spend your time.

He almost lets out a laugh but then remembers there are other people around and he regains his stone cold structure and looks around.

"Right, well Ms. L/n we should probably have a seat." He says putting extra emphasis on the "ms. L/n" part.

You try to hide your blush and nod, taking a seat at the table.

He goes and talks to your father quick and then joins you at the table as everyone else does so too.

You started getting even more anxious with everyone sitting around you now. You look down at your hands trying to get them to stop shaking.

You didn't even notice Severus had sat down right next to you.

So quiet you almost don't hear it he says.

"It's okay y/n, everything is okay."

His voice was so soft it made your heart melt and you turned to look at him giving him a little smile and taking a deep breath trying to calm down.

He could always see what others couldn't, he knew just with one look how much you were panicking.

Everyone had started to eat but you weren't very hungry you just picked at your plate and drank some wine to try and calm your nerves.

It helped a little bit but your leg was just bouncing up and down under the table. You don't really know anyone here besides Snape.

That's when you feel a hand come down on your knee with a firm grip as to hold it down and reassure you.

You slowly look over at Severus but he's not even looking at you. His hand on your leg but acting as if absolutely nothing is happening, holding a conversation with the man seated in front of him.

What the fuck is happening?!?! His hand is on my leg! Freaking out in your thoughts.

You wonder if this is just an act of kindness, just him trying to get you to relax or if there was other intentions behind it.