101 - This Taught Me Love

Start from the beginning

What the hell is Diaz doing? What is he saying? Park looks exasperated... I wonder what he wants from her... probably trying to apologize. He should be, at least. He better not try anything funny-

"Stalking your girlfriend on her way to her car?" my dad asks out of nowhere. I turn around sharply.

"No,"

"C'mon Robby, you've been standing at the window since she left. If you're watching her so you can look at her ass, just say that,"

"Don't be weird, dad,"

"So you're saying you don't think she has a nice ass?"

She does have a nice ass.

"We're not talking about this," I say, shaking my head, "I just wanna make sure she gets to her car safe."

"Pretty sure out of all the people in your life, she's the one you have to worry about the least," my dad says. From other people? He couldn't be more right. From herself? Different story.

"She's hurt though,"

"I noticed. Never stopped her in the past before. Who kicked her ass? Maybe we can pay them a visit later today," he says. Huh. I actually kinda like the sentiment that he would go with me to get payback on someone who hurt Park. I think he likes her more than he lets on.

"Nobody. She spent the whole time we were gone either training or working. I'm not entirely convinced she slept for more than eight hours combined. She's really mad at herself for coming second to Tory..." I explain. He shakes his head a little.

"She should've won that fight. She knows that right?"

"I've told her that. And she knows. She's reffed tournaments at her tae kwon do school. She knows tournaments. And she knows what's what,"

"I get it though. I'd be hard on myself too,"

"Well multiply that times ten. She beats herself up so much- literally. Did you see her hands? She'll make herself bleed if it means getting better at karate,"

"I know," he says. What does that mean? Did she do something like this while I was gone..? Because I would know about it if it happened while I was here. And even if it did happen while I was gone, I doubt my dad would be observant enough to notice.

"What do you mean?" I ask in return.

"I mean I know she'll do whatever it takes to get better. Learn a new fighting style, jump off a roof, go it alone- seems like she'll do anything for what she cares about," my dad says. My stomach turns a little. It's something I love about her. I mean, I love everything about her. I love her so, so much... I just wish she would see herself the way I see her..

"Yeah... she will," I say, looking out the window again, finding both Park and Miguel gone, but I look back at him sharply, "wait, she actually jumped off a roof?"