1. Trust the magic of new beginnings

Dear Miss Serena Allyson Sylven,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as a fifth-year student.

Term begins on 1 September.

As you may be aware, the Decree for the Reasonable Restrictions of Underage Sorcery prohibits the use of magic by those under the age of seventeen outside school.

However, due to your unique circumstances, The Ministry has graciously agreed to allow Professor Eleazar Fig to help you hone your spell-casting before escorting you to Hogwarts.

Yours Sincerely,

M. Weasley

Professor Weasley

Deputy Headmistress

⊹ ────── ☽ ────── ⊹

The young witch folded the letter and put it on the desk and sighed deeply.

I can't believe they force me to change schools after all this time.

She attended the French wizarding school, Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. Serena has spent most of her life in France.

(She remembered her conversation with her mother earlier)

"Did it ever occur to you that I want to stay? - Serena sighed in frustration.

"You have no idea what this means for your family. Your future... - Your father belongs there and that land belongs to him." - Her mother, Celena yelled at her.

"Of course..." - She rolled her eyes.

"I've heard a lot of great stories about Hogwarts, your father went there. Besides, your studies are not your top priority, you know that..."

"Yeah, I fucking know..." - She cursed under her nose.

"Don't you dare swear at me! Do you think your future husband will take it? You are a lady, not a sailor."

⊹ ────── ☽ ────── ⊹

"You are really leaving..." - Chloé said, completely flustered.

Chloé was Serena's closest friend.