Friendly Beginnings: Zackery

It all began when I saw a 5-foot 7-inch 15-year-old boy with fire-colored eyes, yellow hair, White American pale skin, and an anime hairstyle. I started walking toward him and saw that he had an empty void in his chest. Once I looked closer, I realized I was looking at myself in a beat-up pair of jeans and a torn shirt.

I was frightened by what I witnessed. It was my own heart in the hand of an iron-coated figure sporting a hood. “You made your choice,” said the man in the cloak. “Now you pay the price.” Then he squeezed the organ, and it exploded. The blood-stained his garment.

My vision blackened, and I jerked forward. I found myself on my fire-themed bed in my room. “I’ll be outside waiting. Come out asap.¨ The 15-year-old boy with icy blue eyes and ocean blue hair said. He was a white American with pale skin, an emo bang hairstyle, and 5 feet 6 inches of height. That guy is my twin brother, Jackson. Once I got off my bed, I saw him leave with a My Hero's Academy shirt, a pair of blue jeans, and an ice-colored belt.

I went down the reddish-brown cherry wood ladder attached to the bed. It was created of the same stuff and was smoother than it looked. I got my pair of blue jeans and put on my fire-themed belt around the jeans. I grabbed my black and grey fire shirt on the side of the pole attached to the left and right of the closet walls and put it on. I looked around the room and saw posters of MHA and the duo NIFFIX. I looked at the door, and I opened and closed the door gently.

I went into the kitchen to grab a pop tart for breakfast and headed for the front when something caught my eye. It was a photo of me, Jackson, my mom, and my dad. My dad almost looked like my brother 22 years from now. My mom looked like me except as an adult and female. It was a photo from last year when we got the news that we got into James Acadamy. Everyone was happy. Even Jackson was smiling. I had almost forgotten what it looked like to see my brother happy. I set the picture down, and I left out the front door. We walked a few houses down the old road, but I noticed that it was almost 7:30.

¨Come on, we don’t want to be tardy for school, do we?¨I asked jokingly. “Wouldn’t dream of it.” At first, I couldn’t tell if that was my brother or someone else, but the voice was familiar. As l looked southeast of me, I saw a 15-year-old girl with amber eyes, 5 feet 3 inches in height, and ridiculously long purple hair. “Wait, is that you Marry?” I questioned my best friend since 3rd grade.“Yeah, but why haven’t you been responding to my text or my calls.” Marry Sanders asked furiously with her Blackxian fist almost in my face. “Something came up,” I stated regretfully, looking back on what happened.

I started to contemplate whether she had heard about our parents. “So, are you going to tell me what came up?” She asked impatiently, standing with her foot tapping the ground. “Our parents got kidnapped, and all you can think about is how we haven’t been talking to you for two weeks.” I didn’t expect that to be said by my brother to Marry. After I got Jackson to chill out, I looked at May, and I had never seen her so frightened. “Hey guys, maybe we should keep walking,” I asked awkwardly. Soon we were walking in depressing silence.

After we were only two houses from the bus, I saw a 15-year-old dude with 5 feet 8 inches in height, cyan blue eyes, and long yellow hair. He was wereing a Spritetail shirt and blue jeans. “I didn’t hear your voices, but I did hear your footsteps, and someone was yelling. Hey, are you all okay? If it’s any comfort, I hope your folks are okay. After all, I still want to repay my debt to you, Jack.” The pansexual ex-bully named Aaron Foster said. “Finally, something broke this annoyingly awkward silence,” I stated with annoyance in my voice.

The fact that something like our parents going missing and May not knowing a thing about it was enough to make Jack snap at her was as annoying as a zit.” I...I’m sorry I didn’t know,” she said sadly. “I wish I was told about that before this all happened.” As I looked around, I saw that Aaron was confused. Jackson looked like he wanted to say something back.

“It was not your fault, no one told you,” Jackson stated apologetically, looking Marry straight in the eyes. “I’m glad you 2 love birds made up,” I remarked teasingly. “Now, let’s get to the bus stop before the bus leaves.” I looked around and saw Marry’s face go fire-red with embarrassment. Luckily we got there before the bus but only by a minute. The door of the yellow bus opened, and I spotted an obese woman in the driver’s seat. She said our names, we nodded, and she let us on the normal-sized bus. We went to the second to last row, and we sat down. I went on the right side with May while Jack and Ron went on the left.

After we got our black seat belts on, I heard and felt something stomping toward the bus. I leaned in my seat to see the back window and what I saw was quite annoying. It was a giant lizard that looked like it was after something. I unbuckled and told the others to do the same. Luckily, the bus stopped before we unbuckled, or we would have gone flying.

“Why did you tell us to unbuckle, Zack?” Ron asked, “See for yourself.” I said with my hand pointing toward the back. It was closer than I thought. “Zackery, you and Aaron will go to the roof and work on getting some distance between us and lizard-man. I will work with Marry on quick travel and landing,” demanded Jackson. “Don’t give me that look. Ron, you know you’re the only one we know who can hold Zackery without almost dying from the heat or the force.” I blasted on the roof and waited for Aaron to climb the ladder. Why the latter was there, I had no idea. Once he finally got on top of the bus, I stood straight with my hands in the air. Ron picked me up by my waist and tilted my body so that my hands were facing the lizard man known as Manzilla. “You ready, Foster.” “Ready as I’ll ever be, Warper.” I let the fire come out of my hands. At first, Aaron seemed to slip, but soon he got his footing. Soon, I was exhausted, but we got far enough where we had some time to recharge.

We went back inside the bus and witnessed something we expected and didn’t at the same time. My brother Jackson and my best friend Marry finally kissed. Took them long enough, I thought. “You can do this. I believe in you.” Jackson said after their little make-out session ended. Then I saw something that frightened me yet excited me. It was a vortex of some kind, but I knew it was not a black hole because it took on a purple color. Before I knew it, it was right in front of the bus. Then Marry raised her arms like she was trying to stretch something out, and, as a reaction, the portal started getting gigantic.

Soon it was big enough to fit the entire bus. Luckily we got the bus onto the grass of a forest, or cars would be going to the school with us, I thought. Then I spotted a kid with leaf-green hair fixing the damage to the woods. I looked at the portal and saw James Acadamy’s bus parking lot. “Yall go back up there.” So we fired another blast, and soon enough, we were there. By the way, going through a portal is better than it sounds. Then I grabbed Jackson and put him on the road. Soon I could see white snow coming out of his hands in piles. Soon, the bus was stopped by the snow.

The bus driver opened the door. Everyone got off the bus, and I saw the green-haired girl from earlier. I walked over to her, and she noticed me. ¨Hey, sorry for partially destroying the greenery. My name is Zackery Warper, and you are?¨I asked the 5 feet 4 inches tall girl with brown eyes. She had a hippy shirt, and khaki pants on. "It’s okay, and my name is Kimberly Jono. Wait, are you really the Zackery Warper as in the son of the infamous Warper couple and twin of Jackson Warper?¨ ¨Yes, but why are you asking?¨ Kim shrieked, and that made me feel very uncomfortable.

¨I can’t believe I just introduced myself to you. I am your biggest fan, and I’m in love with you!¨ she said while blushing and twirling her hair around her finger. For a minute, I thought I saw hearts in her eyes.¨Wait, I have fans. I thought everyone besides my friends and family was afraid of me,¨ I said, thinking back to when everyone would run if they saw me approaching them. ¨Well, I’m sorry, but I don’t feel the same. Maybe we can be friends.¨ She didn’t seem sad when I looked at her. ¨Okay, here’s my number.¨ She expressed, giving me a folded piece of paper, and then she ran off. I opened it and it said 817-441-6293. ¨Hey Zack, you don’t want to be late, do you?¨I looked around and saw that it was Marry Sanders who had said it while tapping my shoulder, and as soon as I figured that out, I rushed to get to the school with my friends. As I walked into the slate-black hallway, I thought my life was changing. I had no idea how right I was.