A selfish yet good friend

-SHORT-
Tw: Blood

Mimi had both eyes on her phone and Nugget. He seems to be enjoying himself at the new Skypark; trying out the new playground equipment with the other children and ran about the place doing cartwheels. Mimi gave a warm smile when she turned away from her phone. It was certainly worth being there before the place started to get busy, especially since it was such a warm and turquoise day. Almost no cloud was seen above, just a bright yellow ball that stings your eyes when you look at it for more then three seconds.

Most of the gang were jam packed with tasks that day. Even Sprout was occupied, as he had unfinished homework and loads of chores to be catching up on, leaving no time to play with his imaginary friend. A redcoat wouldn't let Nugget near him during this time either - he'd end up distracting Sprout by accident. Nugget at first lowered his head about the many cancelled play dates but became sympathetic to everyone's to do list. He had to do certain chores in his home world too (mostly these chores involve vacuuming the walls and dusting the floors, nothing complicated). Chores aren't limited to the real world, you know. So who can play with him?

Only the yellow one was available to watch over small Nugget, and was the first person a redcoat went up to, slightly out of urgency. "Mimi? Would you be able to watch over Nugget please?" Redcoat Alex asked Mimi, handing the small brown being to her. "Sprout mentions that he doesn't like being alone, but the rest of the gang are unavailable and I can't just place him on a pub shift with me." Nugget gave a confused look. "Why not? Are you worried I might drink all the mucky beer?" he questioned and smiled. "Ah, don't worry Redcoat Alex; my mum said that grown up drinks make you very, very dizzy so I won't be drinking anything other than that pub's entire Fruit Shoots supply! ...Does that pub even sell Fruit Shoots?" The redcoat facepalmed. "...That's part of the reason why I can't bring you with me Nugget." he sighed, before turning back to Mimi. "Mimi, can you handle him for the day? For Sprout?"

Mimi hid her pinched expression with a grin, trying to reschedule the plans in her head. "Oh...well, I was planning on going shopping but..." Nugget immediately gave puppy eyes; a trait he somehow learned from either Candi or Misty. These kind of eyes are irresistible, how could ANYONE resist them? And that spell seems to be working on Mimi who's heart exploded from that sequence and she had to blink slightly to break out of it. "...Alright. I'll watch over little Nuggie. I mean.. I can always go online shopping." agreed Mimi. Nugget in turn jumped into her arms. "I can't wait to start playing with you, Mimi!" he smiled, giving a loose hug. The happy force almost knocked Mimi off her own two feet, forcing her to back up. She didn't mind that strike anyway and started to hug him back. "Me too, Nugget." she laughed alongside him. "We're going to have a fabulous time."

"One more thing." Redcoat Alex added and pulled out a round ball from his pocket, colourful yet tattered. He pressed inward into the centre of the toy twice. Squeak! Squeak! A bark followed. Then it galloped. It's heavy paws stamped across the floor and sprinted its furry orange body like a torpedo. It was certainly the gang's large sheepdog, Rainbow, with his floppy ears and his many colourful layers of a fireball - maybe a phoenix if he somehow sprouted wings but he'd better stick to the ground more to play fetch. The more Redcoat Alex pinched the small ball, the more barks that erupted from the dog's body. "Woof! Woof! Woof!" Rainbow barked. Rainbow noticed Mimi and Nugget first and ran straight towards them, knocking them onto the floor as if they were bowling pins.

No one was hurt. Not yet at least if Rainbow would  be more careful. Rainbow looked down and licked his yellow and brown friend's faces several times as they both continued to lay on the floor. Mimi tried not to grimace at the fact that the orange dog almost smudged her makeup yet admired his fabulous presence coming in. Nugget, however, loved the kisses and he loves being around Rainbow, especially since he gives one of the best hugs (though no one can beat his mother's and Candi's hugs - actually, scratch that. ALL hugs are great for that matter). "Nugget isn't the only one that needs looking after. Rainbow also needs his daily walk." the redcoat explained, watching Rainbow continuously licking a laughing Nugget. "Can you manage looking after him too? If not, that is completely fine."