Chapter 2 - First Encounter

Start from the beginning

They're here huh. Looks like I gotta try doing it. Better late than never, right?

As I stood up to greet the one student near to me, a rotund boy with bespectacled in his eyes approach the guy I was aiming to talk to. This stopped me on my track and I sat down again.

Good job making your new friend.

While I was feeling a little bit disheartened about the outcome of my effort I decided to put a stop on it. I looked around and see the girl next to me still reading the same book from earlier.

Well I guess I have no choice. She's the only one close enough for me to talk to.

Preparing myself, I started a conversation with the girl.

"Uhm. I haven't even introduced myself, haven't I? My name is Kiyotaka Ayanokoji, what's yours?"

Feeling a little bit awkward about the situation, I steeled myself in continuing this conversation.

"You went introducing yourself even when I didn't ask? What if I refused to answer your question?"

She glanced at me with an empty look in her eyes.

Man, this is really bad.

"I just I thought about introducing myself because we're going to be neighbors for an entire year. I thought it's going to be a problem if we didn't know each other."

Explaining my reasonable thoughts that hides my real intentions, the girl next to me just sighed and went back to her book.

"I disagree. You shouldn't have bothered to do that at all."

Putting her book on her bag she straighten her back while sitting.

"So, do you have any friends from this class? Or maybe from the different class.?"

Trying to keep the conversation going, I asked random stuff towards the girl seating next to me. In this school, students are divided into four different classes. It was sorted in an alphabetical format, starting from A to D, and i happened to be in the class D, the bottom class.

"You're a curious one aren't you? There's nothing interesting to talk about me, you know."

You might say so. But I'm struggling to make friends here.

"You don't have to answer that. You can tell me to stop if I'm bothering you."

I don't want to keep the conversation going if it only make her angry. Just when I thought that it's over, she spoked towards me.

"It's Suzune Horikita. That's my name."

"I see."

When I looked closer at her, I can see that her face is beautiful. After that introduction, I still tried to keep it going.

"Well let me tell you a bit of myself. I have no particular hobbies, but I'm interested in just about anything. I don't need many friends, but I think it would be nice to have at least a few. And, well, that's about it."

"You talked like you haven't even got any friends to begin with. I don't I think I could be friends with someone like that."

"Jeez, I feel like you trashed my entire existence in one second," I muttered.

While we where talking, the blond haired man walked inside the classroom and both me and Horikita looked at him on the door.

"Well I guess this is enough for me to study. It is fashionable enough to be called a classroom so I think I can settle in."