Track 3: First boss

Start bij het begin

Peppermint: No there aren't any. Everything is powered remotely. But I was prepared for something like this. Are you ready for this, Chai?

Chai: Ready for what?

I actually knew.

Peppermint materialized next to me and then with her guns shot at the barrier and destroyed it.

Chai: How did you do it?

Peppermint: This is a temporary shift, a hidden feature of the 808.

Chai: Ok... I don't want to ask but as long as it works it will be fine.

I went to the next room where the other part of the tutorial was.

Peppermint: It doesn't look like you can do this jump. But see that switch?

Chai: Don't tell me...

Peppermint: Yep, call me in! I can activate it for you.

I called Peppermint and then she shot the switch.

Chai: I don't see the logic of doing such a thing, do you know it?

Peppermint: Not to be honest, but I had to adapt when things changed.

I continued and then got to the room of the last part of the tutorial.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Chai: Looks like they've decided to upgrade them.

Peppermnt: My time to shine. I can overload enemy barriers, you know, call me in.

I did as told and called her and then after a few shots the barrier of the robot exploded leaving him uncovered and then destroying him. My happiness didn't last long because then my colleagues arrived and started the fight.

20 minutes later...

I had finally made it to the boss room and without waiting any longer I entered with 808 in his cat form on my shoulder.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Chai: Too quiet, I'm not convinced.

Then the lights came on.

Hype man: Introducing.... REKKAAAAAAA!

Reka then jumped onto her stage as she cheered. I tried not to look at how disgusting it was.

Rekka: Do you want to be successful? Do you want to be productive? Then, you have to be AGGRESSIVE!

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Rekka: Do you want to be successful? Do you want to be productive? Then, you have to be AGGRESSIVE!

She bangs her fists

Rekka: And when a DEFECT punk like you wants to run out of here, you just ASKIN' for it.

Chai: Funny, your mother told me the exact same thing after making you.

This made her open her mouth as 808 did the same thing.

Rekka: Are you disrespecting me? You dare to insult Rekka's mother? That's it, the GLOVES are coming off.

She pulled off her gloves as she freed her mechanical limbs from her.

Chai: I feel it will be boring.

Peppermint: How do you stay calm?

Chai: ┐⁠(⁠ ⁠˘⁠_⁠˘⁠)⁠┌

I saw Rekka throw a glove at her face but I moved my head slightly to the side of her and avoided it and making her angrier.

(Watch only the fight)

Peppermint materialized in front of me.

Peppermint: Great job, Chai!

I shook my head and followed her and we went up to Rekka's desk where her computer was.

Chai: I say our A.I. won't be here.

Peppermint: How can you tell if you haven't even checked?

Chai: Sixth sense.

She didn't listen to me and started searching the computer.

Peppermint: Huh? Wait... "Is SPECTRA designed to interfere with user perception and reasoning?" This gives Vandelay direct access to people's minds!

Then came the call from the other Vandelay bosses.

Pepermint: Could you make that thing stop? I'm trying to concentrate!

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Pepermint: Could you make that thing stop? I'm trying to concentrate!

I approached the button but I didn't know how to turn off the ringer. From what I recall if you pressed the button you accepted the call so I knew what not to do. I watched it for a few seconds and then I noticed that there were the output levels of the channels, now that I thought about it this setup looked a lot like a DJ console so...

Peppermint: Thanks.

Chai: You're welcome.

I had turned everything down and in fact the ringtone was gone.

We sat here for a few minutes and then when Peppermint finished he took the key back and turned off the computer.

Peppermint: I'm done, we can go.

Chai: All right.

We made our way to the trapdoor and then we both jumped in.