Chapter 11

"Lili?" Onyx caught Lili's attention as she looked over some files in her office.

"Mhm?" She hummed.

Onyx cleared his throat and Lili sighed, tearing her attention away from the paperwork to look up at him.

"I want to ask you something." He said, his face serious.

"What's wrong?" Lili was immediately on alert.

Onyx sat on the edge of Lili's desk and caught her gaze before speaking,

"When are we going to make an official announcement and have our mating ceremony?"

"Oh." Lili was surprised by his question, she hadn't seen it coming.

"It's been a month." Onyx chuckled at her surprise.

"Yes, I guess it has been. Are you ready to become the crowned prince and take on all the responsibilities that comes with it?" She asked, more concerned about the title than the matebond, something that bothered Onyx.

"Is that all you're worried about?" He asked with a hitch to his voice.

"Yes, actually. I'm not concerned about being mated to you, Onyx, I'm already committed to you." She answered plainly but her words set Onyx's world on fire.

He grinned and removed Lili from her chair, lifting her up and twirling her around the room. She laughed and settled into his arms when he sat her back down.

"I'm so happy you said that, princess." He grinned, leaning down to kiss her cheek.

"I love you, stupid." Lili confessed for the first time, rolling her eyes.

"I love you, too," Onyx shook his head at her, "And yes, I'm more than ready to be your partner and take on anything that I can to help you and the realm."

"That's such a good answer." She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck, "I have a better one." Her voice turned husky.

Onyx studied his mate, unsure of what she was suggesting. When she reached up on her tippy toes and moved towards his lips, realization hit him and he felt like an idiot. It had been a month and he hadn't even kissed his mate. He was holding back for her comfort but, he now realizes, that he may have waited a bit too long.

He grabbed her face and her eyes went wide, like she was afraid he was going to push her away. Instead, he crushed her to his chest and covered her mouth with his. She gasped against his passion and he used the excuse to slip his tongue inside her mouth. When she moaned, his instincts went into a frenzy. He moved backwards until Lili's legs hit her desk and she fell backwards, having no choice but to lay over her desk.

Onyx leaned over her, exploring her body with his hands and her neck with his lips. She withered under him, her hands tangled in his long, thick hair as he ravaged her. When Onyx pulled away to look into Lili's eyes, he saw that they were black, indicating that Storm was on the surface.

"Storm is demanding to mark you her way before our ceremony." She said in a throaty voice.

"You won't see me complaining." Onyx chuckled.

"Onyx?" She said his name and Onyx shuttered, struggling with control.

"Yes, my princess?"

"It's time to climb the stairs to my tower."

Onyx didn't waste a single second. He swept Lili up in his arms and cradled her bridal style as he ran out of the office door.

"Princess!" Her guards gasped in shock.

"We won't be requiring your services, boys." Onyx said as he rushed down the hallway.

"I'll be in the tower." Lili called from over Onyx's shoulders.

The guards knew that Lili didn't like company in her tower, even when she was alone, which she always was. So, the guards waited at the door at the base of the tower and at the top of the steps, ensuring that both points of entry were covered. It would give them plenty of privacy while still keeping their princess under guard.

Onyx sat Lili down once they arrived in her room and began to slow things down. He ran his hands over her body, slowly turning her around so he could undo the buttons of her long, silk dress. When her dress began to slide off her shoulders he turned her back around and admired her dark, cocoa colored skin. She blushed as the dress pooled on the floor, exposing her body to her mate.

Onyx undid the buttons of his own jacket and pulled it off, allowing Lili's small hands to take off his dress shirt. She ran her hands along his chest and he groaned at the feeling of her skin against his. He gathered her up in his arms again and laid her down on the bed, covering her body with his. He began kissing her lips and then ran his mouth down her neck, over her shoulders, and between her breasts. While sucking on her mounds, he reached behind her and undid her bra, exposing her pink nipples.

She moaned and wrapped her legs around his waist, increasing the friction between their cores which were still covered in an agonizing amount of fabric. Onyx continued covering her stomach with open mouth kisses, working his way down to her underwear. He kissed her core over the fabric before dipping his thumb inside and swiftly removing it.

She gasped and bucked her hips as his mouth covered her core, thrusting his tongue inside. While pleasuring her with his mouth, he removed his pants and underwear. Lili's hands tangled in his hair, encouraging him forward. He pumped his fingers in and out of her as she moaned his name, crying out in pleasure until she released inside his mouth.

He chuckled and licked his lips before returning to her mouth, making her taste himself on her mouth. He began to slowly rub himself against her socking core, nibbling on her earlobe.

"I love you so much, my sweet princess. I want to make you mine." He begged, his warm breath blowing over her skin.

"I'm all yours, Onyx." She promised, arching her body in an attempt to get closer to him.

Onyx began kissing her lips again as he positioned himself over her entrance. In one swift motion, he moved her and then stilled, allowing her time to adjust to him. In seconds, she was wiggling against him, demanding more motion. He chuckled at his eager mate and began moving in and out of her, peppering her skin with kisses.

As Lili got closer to finishing, she knew it was time to satisfy Storm's desire and mark her mate. She grabbed Onyx's shoulders, her nails elongating slightly into claws as she pulled him closer to her. He moaned from the pain of her claws, enjoying her dominance; it pushed him even closer to the edge. She showed him her black eyes and protruding fangs and he titled his neck to the side, exposing his throat to her.

"Make me yours, my princess." He said,

Lili sank her teeth into his neck and they both finished at the same time. She licked her wound closed and wrapped herself around his body, sinking into him, she finally felt complete.