chapter seventeen.

【 CHAPTER SEVENTEEN 】

THE Anurai clan was noble, renowned as meticulous artisans and skilled craftsman that dwelled in caves within an arid valley outside of the rainforests

THE Anurai clan was noble, renowned as meticulous artisans and skilled craftsman that dwelled in caves within an arid valley outside of the rainforests. Adept in making elaborately fashioned items from bone, Ruth recalled from her studies, they spared no detail with their work.

Their clothes, their weapons, storage vessels and even their dwellings were beautifully made, the weaving and the colors unlike anything she'd previously been able to analyze as a scientists. The caves they lived in were said to be near a bone graveyard, she'd read at some point, the climate of the area a stark difference from the humid forest she'd grown familiar with.

It was obvious to her as she strode alongside Tsu'tey that these people were weary of their impromptu appearance, as clans didn't often visit each other in the fashion they were. With the clan leaders coming themselves. They surely knew his presence meant something serious.

The handful of Omaticaya that accompanied them followed close behind as they made their way deeper into the clan's camp at the behest of some Anurai hunters that had found them landing not too far away during their hunt. When informed that the Olo'eyktan of the Omaticaya had come to speak with their own, they agreed to bring them with no hassle.

Many of the curious onlookers of the clan donned beautifully carved heavy bows or other weapons made of bone, some even wearing a type of armor made from the same substance. Curious children followed after them at a good distance, people pausing from their cooking or weaving or carving to see who had come to visit.

Ruth felt dozens of eyes on her back. She wondered if they would realize she was an avatar and not a true Na'vi, and whether that would impose some issues with the Anurai trusting them. She'd never met anyone outside of the Omaticaya. The Anurai may not take lightly to the presence of a 'dream walker'.

Luckily, with Tsu'tey as Olo'eyktan, they stood a fair chance with almost every clan to be welcomed in. Jake would fair just fine as well, considering he was now Toruk Makto and would command respect just by landing on the back of his giant mount. The thought as to how he'd managed to acquire the animal in the first place still confused the hell out of Ruth, but for some reason it made sense to her. A jarhead marine going after one of the most dangerous animals on the moon could only ever fit Jake.

The two hunters lead them to an area some ways into the cave that she would guess was a common place, a giant fire blazing at its center. Anurai were scattered about within its light, the shadows dancing on their faces when their attention was drawn to the strangers.

Tsu'tey halted them near the blazing fire as the hunters peeled away in search of their leader and perhaps the Tsahik.

Ruth's gaze briefly scanned their surroundings, noting just how many eyes were on them, before looking to Tsu'tey. "Do you think they will fight with us?" She asked.