Trying to Study - Bradley Bradshaw

Summary: Based on a request from tumblr. "Rooster (fic) with the reader being a college student and just cute study dates and fluff."

Your boyfriend, Rooster, is "helping" you study for midterms.

CW: Some swearing and a whole lotta fluff, making out

.....

"Roos, I am trying to study," you say, as your boyfriend pulls you in between his legs while the two of you lounge on the carpeted floor in the corner of the library.

"I'm not stopping you," he says in a low voice, wrapping his arms around your waist and resting his chin on your shoulder. "I just also happen to be interested in," he squints his eyes as he reads the text in the book you've got in your lap, "the scientific advances of Hellenistic Egypt."

You snort, glancing over to see the mischievous grin on his face as he meets your gaze. You love that Rooster enjoys spending time with you so much that he is willing to just chill with you for hours while you try your damndest to ignore his adorable face. It is hard to concentrate, however, when he tries his damndest to distract you. "I have midterms next week," you remind him as his gaze drops to your mouth.

Rooster bites his bottom lip, still smirking. "You're so hot when you're trying to be serious," he says.

"I'm not trying to be serious; I am serious!" You scoff with indignation, but Rooster just nuzzles his face into the crook of your neck.

"Okay, okay," he mutters along the curve of your shoulder, the vibrations of his tone tickling you. "Get back to work, slacker," he says, and you laugh, shaking your head.

"You're ridiculous," you say, looking back down at your textbook with the biggest smile pulling at your lips.

"Ridiculously cute?" he asks, and you could hear the mirth in his voice. He relaxes his back into the wall with a sigh and you lean into his chest, bringing your book with you. You rest your head on him, lifting your book so that you can read while cuddling, and he lowers his face to plant several soft kisses on your temple.

So, apparently, you can't read like this. You sit back up with a determined exhalation. "Roos, where are your study notes?" you ask.

Rooster lets out a frustrated groan and lifts his bottom off the floor, reaching into his back pocket to bring out a rolled-up booklet.

You give him a disapproving look. "How are you going to be the best of the best if you don't study?" you ask pointedly.

His mouth curves into a smirk once again. "I'm not here to study, Y/N. I'm here to be with you."

Every once in a while, Rooster's efforts pay off; you lean over to give him a quick kiss. But, as you're well aware, this is quite dangerous territory, because Rooster will never let an opportunity pass by. The moment your lips connect with his, he tugs on your wrist to pull you closer and, before you know it, you're in the midst of a steamy make-out session behind the stacks of the library's Greek History collection.

Rooster is a good kisser, and he knows it. He moves his mouth slowly, using his tongue to tease your tongue into action. You hardly notice that he takes your book out of your grasp and slides it aside. He brings his hand up to your face, holding it securely in his palm as his lips begin to slip down to your jawline. You tilt your face into his hand as he plants kisses down the outstretched stem of your neck. He starts to lean into you, supporting your back with his hand as he lowers you onto the floor.

When you feel his fingers slide under the hem of your shirt, you let out a gasp and he chuckles. "Shh," he whispers into your ear. "This is a library."