Prologue

When Viserya Velaryon was born, Kings Landing was filled with joy. The Princess Rhaenyra had a daughter. A beautiful child with her mothers hair and more importantly her fathers skin tone. Her mother was overjoyed. When she had had her first child Prince Jacerys, he looked like her lover... not her husband. She finally had a Velaryon child. A true Velaryon child. Maybe that would calm her stepmother down. Minutes after her birth, Viserya was wisked away by a handmaid to the Queens chambers. Queen Alicent Hightower had expected the princess to be just like her brother... a bastard. To her suprise, the princess wasnt. She held the baby in her arm. Her own infant was asleep in her other arm.  Maybe the King would finally see his daughters misgivings and make her eldest son his heir. A moment passed before the King came. His eyes glistened with pride at his first granddaughter. He took the infant into his arms, absolutely ecstatic. He never said a word as he walked the child back to her mother. Rhaenyra and Laenor were in their chambers rejoicing the princess. Their savior. They had done it. You see Ser Laenor, though he did care for Rhaenyra, was not attracted to her. His attraction was of a more masculine type. Rhaenyra knew this. They both had their lovers. After the birth of Jacerys, Rhaenyra had begged him to try to give her a trueborn child. They had finally done it. Viserys smiled as he handed the child to her mother. He kissed both princess on the head.
"You did good my child. Shes as beautiful as her mother." Rhaenyra smiled at her father as he left. She had done it. At least she was in the clear... for now.