"Are you insane? Why did you do that?" he told her, smoke coming out of his ears.
"He was pointing a gun at you, did you expect me to sit and do nothing?"
"That's what you should've done." She couldn't believe him.
"Are you mad at me because I took your side."
"I'm not mad at you, I'm just..."
"What are you? Because you sure seem mad to me. It was common sense what I did there."
"It was dangerous and stupid. I would've made it work somehow. Next time don't interfere."
"Oh, so there will be a next time?"
"That's not what I meant. Just, don't do stupid things because of me. I don't deserve the worry."

She let out a breath, deciding to let him win this time. She didn't know why he was so annoyed, she was a citizen, he couldn't have done anything to her. She should be the more annoyed one, he didn't even thank her for taking his side, he just yelled at her as if she was some kid that broke a vase. 

"How is So-Yeon?" he asked her like the last conversation didn't even happen.
"She should be fine in a few days, just needs a little rest." He nodded.  A pause followed. "She's head over heels for you, did you know that? What was the word he used to describe you? 'Dreamy'?" He let out a laugh, the tension between the two of them disappearing. 
"Bad for her then, because I like another girl." Her heart skipped a beat. 
"We should go and eat something," she hesitated a little before changing the subject.
"Aren't you going to ask me about it?" Chun-Ho asked her, stopping in front of her, causing her to bump into him. He turned around, searching for her eyes. She cleared her voice.
"I respect one's private life, but if you want to tell me about it, I'll be here to listen." She tried avoiding his eyes, but they seemed like magnets to her.
"She is the most beautiful girl that I have seen so far and I can't help but think about her every minute of the day. She is feisty and a little bit too brave for her own good, but she is a good person." She gulped and she started to think that her face became red because his smile widened. "Some would call her stupid, some would call her independent."
"And what would you call it?" she asked, holding back a smile.
"Perfect." Her heart was skydiving. She saw his eyes travel to her lips and then back at her eyes again. The movement was so fast that she almost thought she imagined it all. 

"Chun-Ho!" she heard a voice call, jumping as she looked at Won-Bin as he was making his way to them. "How did it go?"
"He's mad, but he won't execute me. Not for now, at least."
"Oh, thank God, I almost crapped myself as I was waiting. Let's go, the kids are asking about you."

❃❃❃

"I almost forgot how hungry I was," Chae-Yeong said as she shoved the food down her throat. 
"Slow down, no one is taking it from you," Won-Bin told her. "How can you eat so much?"
"When you live off a few biscuits for a few days, you learn how to appreciate food more."

They were at a table with Chi-Yeol, Na-Ra, Tae-Man and Yu-Jung. The most of them ate in silence, savoring the food, even though sometimes they stopped to chat. A loud laughter erupted from the other table as Duk-Jung said something. She smiled as she looked over, relieved to see they were not as affected by the recent events as she thought they would be. She missed being so carefree, laughing with her friends like there were no worries in this world. 

"Where did you learn to shoot?" Tae-Man asked her. She turned around, noticing the kids looking at them, curiosity dancing in their eyes.
"My dad is an ex-military. I spent a lot of time on the shooting range."
"Did he...?" Yu-Jung asked, hesitating.
"Oh, God, no, he is still alive. At least, that's the way I left him." They looked at her with pity. "It was a joke!" Tae-Man faked a laugh. Those kids had no sense of humor. She looked at her plate, noticing an empty space on her plate. "Crap, I'm out of gimbap."

She let out a sad breath as Chun-Ho came up with his plate in hands, taking the seat in front of her. They only had small talk after Won-Bin interrupted their conversation, mostly about the kids and what was going to happen from now on. She kept playing with her food, when, suddenly, a hand placed a piece of gimbap on her plate. She looked up at Chun-Ho, who was pretending he didn't just do that.