"Wow! I've been wanting to meet you for a while, I have to say Stain, your ideologies are quite interesting. Of course, I have some faults I'd point out with them as well."

"Who are you?"

"Just a classmate of Iida's."

"Another one of those fake heroes?" Stain spits. "I should just kill you too."

"As long as it's painless, feel free to! By the way, what makes a true hero?"

Despite making the news lots, Stain's opinions and reasoning for going after heroes are vague at best. All he talks about is heroes being fake. Looking into the backgrounds and reputations of his victims, Dazai figures that it's to do with people's motivations for becoming heroes.

Dazai still doesn't get it. If the situation is flipped and the mafia is considered, it doesn't make sense for all mafia members to join because they enjoy violence. On the contrary, many join the mafia just to make money. Unethical as it may be, not everyone's motives are pure. The high standard for heroes is frankly ridiculous.

"People who become heroes for shallow reasons like money and fame are disgusting." Stain says. "All Might is the only true hero. All others must be purged for the sins they have committed!"

Money makes the world go around. It's odder if someone didn't want money at all than someone who chose a job for the money. Actually, how much do heroes get paid? Now Dazai's curious. Surely there are less dangerous jobs that pay more than heroics. Why needlessly endanger oneself for money?

Does Dazai really have an opinion? He's not a part of hero society. He kills people selfishly for a dream of his that will never come true.

"All Might sells merchandise, doesn't he?" Dazai tilts his head, still locking eyes with Stain. "That makes him lots of money, which means by your definition he's a fake hero."

Stain's eyes widen comically at the revelation, stepping back but keeping the blade poised only a few centimetres from Dazai's throat.

"You're wrong!" Stain accuses.

"I'm wrong?"

"All Might is virtuous and a real hero who saves everyone! Other heroes can't compare!"

"It seems your ideology is flawed, Stendhal. It was disappointing to come here." Dazai leans forward, pressing his throat against the knife to bring his lips to the man's ear. "You think you're righteous, but you're like a child clinging to a simple solution."

"Dazai! Please leave, this is my situation to deal with!" Iida interferes pathetically.

His classmate slobbering all over the ground with tears dropping everywhere is hysterical. Iida's eyes are blown wide with panic and pain, clenching his teeth hard. The other hero isn't much better. He's obviously lost consciousness but seems to be breathing shallowly.

The sound of heavy running catches Dazai's attention, faint as it may be. Familiar energy is humming in the air.

"Kill me, Stain." Dazai taunts, ignoring Iida.

Stain rears his knife after gathering his wits, pointing it straight at Dazai's throat. Iida cries out hopelessly, attempting to move his arm out to reach for the other.

A punch flies toward Stain's face, smashing into it with aggressive force and power. Midoriya's power is as volatile as ever, but now he can control it. Iida yells at Midoriya as he did to Dazai, something about interfering. But instead, Midoriya talks about saving a friend. Yeah, they're very different.

"Do not interfere. It is my duty to cleanse the world of these two children. They've already been corrupted." Stain rasps out.

Dazai takes the opportunity to run to where Midoriya's standing with Iida and notices him sending a message. Dazai's first thought is it's to a pro, but when he feels his phone buzz a second later, the only option is the class chat.