17. Preparation for Interrogation.

Start from the beginning

"I'm just saying, Y/n, she's a badass, and El, she sounds like she was really cool." Max said.

"Yeah, Y/n's the best. She's the best sister I could ever ask for, I don't want you ruining her and screwing our siblingship up. And El was. Until that thing took her. Just like it took Bob." Mike said.

He got to his feet and walked to the back door, leaving Max alone.

Max continued to tape cardboard together until she heard shuffling behind her.

"Forget something? Maybe another insult? Well, you haven't told me how annoying I am in the last five minutes so why don't you give that one a go??" Max spat, to who she assumed to be Mike.

"I was thinking something more like "badass" or "radical." Max heard y/n say from behind her.

The red head turned to see her friend struggling to walk to the counter with heaps of cardboard and newspaper in her arms.

Y/n walked up to the counter and dumped all her findings down.

Max cracked a smile, returning to her task.

"Sorry. I thought you were Mike." Max smiled sheepishly.

"It's all good." Y/n said with a chuckle, joining Max on the linoleum kitchen floors.

"Michael got you down?" Y/n asked after a while of silence.

Max nodded, concentrated on cutting some cardboard with her brows furrowed.

"That little bastard. I'll totally kick his ass later." Y/n said.

Max put her scissors down and looked at the girl sitting in front of her with a smile.

"You know you're a really good friend, right Y/n?" Max asked.

"Really? Well... thanks Max. You're a good friend too." The girl beamed.

"Really?" Max asked again.

"Really." Y/n confirmed. "The best."

"I know it's easier said then done, but try not to let Michael get to you." Y/n said with a heavy sigh.

"He's seems like such an ass all the time and it gets really annoying but if you let him warm up to you he's actually a really nice person. That's why I'm trying to convince him to let you join. And, you're like, really cool." y/n said.

"Also, the last time I checked, Mike wasn't in charge. Our party's a democracy, not a dictatorship, and the majority voted you could stay." Y/n said, trying to imitate what Dustin had said before but doing horrible at it.

They both stared at each other before bursting out in laughter, falling on the floor.

"Thanks y/n." Max said once the two girls laughter had subsided.

"Anytime. And Michael's wrong. You're one of us now." Y/n said.

——

With all the supplies they had collected, everyone gathered in the shed to disguise the place.

Every single inch of the shed was covered in tarp, garbage bag, tinfoil, plastic, newspaper, duct tape, cardboard and bedsheets. Including the two posts and chairs.

The small wooden shed was now completely unrecognizable.

Will's unconscious body was brought into the shed as everyone got ready for the interrogation.

Will was tied to one of the chairs and Lucas plugged in the blinding cold white light.

Mike, Jonathan, and Joyce stayed.

Hopper had taken the rest inside and told them the plan.

Hopper left to the shed, leaving the rest of the group to linger around the house and wait for something to happen.

——

Y/n's pov

Lucas stood, rooted to the ground and looking out the window.

I walked up to him and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey. It's gonna be alright." I said softly.

He took a deep breath and nodded at me with a small smile. We both walked away from the window to where everyone else was.

Dustin started pacing and Max spoke up.

"If he finds out where we are... Is he gonna send those dogs after us?" Max asked.

"He won't find out." I insisted, trying to convince myself more than her.

"Yeah, but if he does?" Max asked.

There was a pause of silence.

"Judgement day." Lucas answered.

Word count: 1205