You walked into your art class. It was very pretty. There were a ton of windows on one of the four walls.

You saw on the chalkboard "grab an apron and whatever material and mediums you like" written in big, so you did just that.

You spotted a seat at the back of the class close to the windows. Guess you got lucky.

You were peacefully sitting and then the bell finally rang.

"Hello class, I forgot to write on the board that acrylic paint is the main material we'll be using for today's sketching. Pick any color you like. For those of you who already grabbed some no need to get back up."

You didn't get any so you went to grab some. As you walked across the class, you quickly glanced around at everyone.

Nope. No familiar faces.

You heard the classroom door open, probably a late student. You didn't bother checking it out though and kept staring at different colors you could pick.

"No, this is the third time this month."

"Sir, please. This is the last time."

You heard the late student argue behind you. It was kind of funny. Chilton kids were human after all.

"Last chance. Now go grab some paint and sit down."

"Yes sir."

You finally spotted the last color you wanted but it was a bit high up on the shelf.

You looked around for a stool to help you out, but to no avail. Guess I'll just have to suck it up then. You thought as you propped yourself on your tip-toes and stretched your arm as far as possible.

"Let me help." You heard a boy's voice behind you. It was the guy that came in late.

"Oh, thanks." You stepped aside, and took a glance at his face. "Tristan?!"

"Here." He gave you your paint.

And, surprisingly,

He just walked away.

"Okay..." you said to yourself.

"Y/N, can I speak with you for a moment?" The teacher asked.

Which you nodded to.

"I'm sure you've noticed everyone is in pairs for the project we're currently working on. And I've noticed that you know Tristan over there, who just so happens to be alone."

"No. No, no, no, no."

"I'm sorry but it's a mandatory group project you can't work individually."

"Him? Please, why is he even in this class. He's the last person I'd imagine drawing."

Your teacher laughed. "I wouldn't be so quick to judge."

You glanced at Tristan for a brief moment.

He did look at peace. Was that why he was so calm few seconds ago?

No. There was something else.

"Alright, fine."

"Thank you."

You grabbed your stuff and went over to sit down next to him.

"Oh. Hey."

"Hi. So this is a mandatory group project?"

He nodded.

"How come you're alone then?" You asked, practically mumbling.

"Well, everyone knows each other already. I don't."

"Oh. Well, you have me now." You smiled subtly.

His eyes widened a bit. "Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm..." he cleared his throat. "I shouldn't have acted like that in the cafeteria. It was dumb."

"Oh. That's why you're being so stand-offish? I didn't realize what I said was actually gonna go through your thick skull." You chuckled.

He finally dropped his tense shoulders and smiled.

He was really beautiful.

"Yeah, well, what can I say. You have a way with words."

"You mean I have a way with my vocal cords?" You grinned.

He did as well. "That too."

You sighed as you felt the delicate breeze brush against your back and hair, coming from the opened window.

You couldn't stop smiling as you realized you had regained the same energy the two of you had on your first conversation this morning. Just a genuine and comfortable conversation.

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.