Chapter Four

"Was that really the best idea, sir?" Snape asked Dumbledore after the girl had left.

"In my upmost belief. This was the perfect timing. If she disobeys like we hope, she may be able to get in with the Malfoy's, Nott's and possibly even Voldemort. One Potter cannot be killed without the other, so she would be safe."

"Why are we offering her up to them?" Snape asked. "Who knows if he's even coming back?"

"He will, in time. He will come back. For now we just wait, and get prepared." Dumbledore replied.

"How can we protect her?" Snape asked, now showing emotion and care towards the young Potter.

"We can't tell that yet either, Severus, not until she gets in and they trust her." the headmaster replied. The two walked out of the office and down the halls.

It had now been a couple of weeks since Hunter had been spoken to about Sirius Black by Dumbledore and Snape. She sat in the library doing some homework just after dinner, her quill leaving a long, thin, and crooked line on her parchment. She wasn't paying even the slightest attention to what she was doing, her mind was thinking about Sirius. Hunter hadn't told anyone about Sirius being her godfather, not Harry and not Mattheo either.

"Hey, you okay, love?" Matteo asked, coming over to her table.

"Oh yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"Look at your parchment, love, you've got a scribble going on from not paying attention. Snape won't like that on your potions essay." He smiled at her and brought out a new piece of parchment from his bag. He looked at her paper and started writing down everything she had on hers minus the scribble.

"Thank you, Mattheo, you really don't have to do that." She said sheepishly, hanging her head a little lower.

"I know, but I want to, you look stressed, dear I want to do whatever I can to help you."

"I'm sorry, I know I've been off the past couple days." Hunter said, she scratched the back of her neck.

"Oh baby, you're all good, there's nothing wrong with the way you're acting. I suppose you're just getting nervous about Sirius? I don't see why you wouldn't. He was a follower of my dad and all." Mattheo said, still with his head down, copying her page.

"Can I ask you something, Matt?" He nodded without looking up or making a noise. "Does it ever scare you?"

"Does what scare me?" He asked, now looking up at her.

"You're dad." She answered quietly.

"Terrifies me, but I've never actually met him so I'm not too sure how to feel. I think he knows about me, but who knows for sure other than him. My mother went to Azkaban when I was extremely young, so I got adopted young, thought I was a muggle-born until getting here and hearing it from Dumbledore himself." Mattheo said.

"What's going to happen if he comes back?" She asked. "With his sidekick on the loose, the threat feels more real." As her voice got even more quiet Mattheo swivelled in his chair, now facing his whole body towards her. He placed a hand softly on her cheek, while the other rest on her thigh.

"I'm not sure, babe. But just know that I'll be protecting you to hell and back, he's not getting close to you." Mattheo said, now moving the hand that lay on her cheek to under her chin and giving her a passionate kiss to the lips. When he pulled apart he rested his forehead onto hers, only moving slightly to peck her nose once, twice, and then three times. This was how he said he loved her without actually saying the words. "It's getting late we should start heading back to the common room." Mattheo grabbed her hand and lifted her up from the seat, helping her put everything back in her sack, including the paper he rewrote for her. He grabbed her hand again and they walked to the dungeons together, Mattheo making sure to swing their arms dramatically, making Hunter laugh and hold her shoulder.