Chapter Two: Nonchalance

Start from the beginning

She walks over to the door.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"To go check on my other patient. Try not to scream too loud, okay?" Topaz says.

She then leaves, locking the door behind her.

I look down at the needle and tube sticking out of my arm, slowly drawing blood from my body.

Based on experience, getting your blood drawn doesn't hurt that bad, so why did she say it would hurt?

Then, the pain kicks in.

A stinging pain shoots up my arm, seeming to stab sharp icicles directly into my brain.

That pain seems to then wrap around my heart.

I bend over as much as I can considering I'm still tied to the wall and, dare I say it, grit my teeth and moan (in a non-sexy way) to try and prevent myself from screaming my head off.

My breath begins to come in gasps as the pain stabs into my heart.

I glance over at the tube drawing my blood to see it's turned an odd purple color.

The pain suddenly stabs harder into my heart and I let out a shriek of pain.

Is she taking all the blood from my body?

Why does it hurt so much?

At that point, I think I'm still screaming, but I'm so detached from reality that I genuinely can't tell.

I begin to feel light headed and the edges of my vision begins to go black.

"Sc wh d I exi?" A voice whispers.

I can't...

I can't make it out.

Parts of the words are missing.

"It hu-s...I hrts s bly"

Is it saying....that it hurts?

Hah.

Well, mysterious voice, I'm in pain too.

And I bet mine is worse, so suck it up.

"Lt m go."

Let me go?

Are they talking to me, or...?

"I WÆÑT TŒ GËT ŒÜT"! LĒT MË GØ!"

My head begins to hurt sharply as the voice seems to yell in my head in an unclear voice.

"ÇØMĒ ẞÆVË MÉ....ØR ĪLL TÆKË ÊVĒRYTHÏÑG YŒÜ LØVÊ!"

"I don't even know who you are....I can't help you." I think desperately in my head.

There's silence for a moment, pain still wracking my body.

Until....

"Thêñ Kæêdèhærå Kæzühæ ïß mïñē...."

What?

"I'll never let you! He's the one thing no one is allowed to take from me!" I shout in my head.

"Yøú çæñt dø æñythïñg tø ßtøp ...."

"You just wait and see exactly what I can do." I think to the voice. "I'd help you if I knew who the fuck you were. How do you even know who Kazuha is?" I ask.

"....Í åm....."

Then nothing but silence.

Suddenly, I feel a tapping on my forehead.