𝟕| 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐬

Start from the beginning

The chirping of the birds were echoing all around throughout the early morning for the civilians in Westchester, New York, as people were getting up and getting ready for work before they'd have to head out, others staying home after they had watched the president's announcement on the television the night before. The sun was shining down brightly on the many people all around the country in the world, the Xavier residence continuing to stand tall and proud like it had been ever since it had first been built.

A piece of paper could be seen taped to the door of the lab where Hank had bee working on ever since they had came to the mansion. The others were standing outside as they read the words that read, 'gone to the airbase, bring the crate marked X. Hank' with black marker on it. Charles ripped the paper off before opening up the doors, surprising himself and everyone else when they saw the state of lab, everything crashed everywhere with no Hank in sight. Glass laid everywhere, the tables having been flipped over on their sides.

"What the hell happened here?" Erik wonders out loud, questioning the same thing everyone else was thinking.

No one bothered to answer his question as none of them actually knew what happened. Y/n trailed behind her brother, who was moving to the other end of the room where the large crate marked with a large black 'X' could be seen on the lid. Charles opens it up as everyone soon joins the Xavier siblings side, all of them staring down in the crate. Similar suits all laid inside, all the same color as Hank had made them for himself and the others for the fight they were about to endure.

"Hank has been busy." Erik comments.

"Do we really have to wear these?" Alex asks.

Charles sighs. "As none of us mutated to endure extreme g-force or being riddled by bullets, I suggest we suit up."

With that, he was closing the lid shut before they were all leaving the mansion, taking the crate with them. It didn't take too long until they were at the airbase and they were all wearing their matching suits together, standing in a line. Y/n found herself standing in between Alex and Erik as they all stared up at the large jet that was parked inside of the garage area in the airbase, no Hank in sight still.

"Where's Hank?" Raven speaks up, breaking the silence.

"I'm here." Hank's voice calls.

They all snapped their gazes at the sound of their friend's voice, seeing his figure walking right towards them. However, confusion comes across their faces when they noticed Hank's figure didn't look like Hank. His footsteps sounded heavier when he was moving closer and it looked like his entire body was more furrier than usual. Y/n exchanged a confused glance with Alex and Erik until Hank revealed his face to all of them, revealing he was now blue with fur all around his body. His teeth was replaced by fangs, nails turned into claws.

"It didn't attack the cells." Hank informs, looking down at his feet. "It enhanced them. It didn't work."

"Yes, it did, Hank." Raven argues as she steps forward, placing her hand on his cheek. "Don't you see? This is who you were meant to be. This is you. No more hiding."

Erik reaches over and pats his arm. "You never looked better, man."

Next thing everyone knew, Hank's hand was instantly coming up and wrapping around Erik's neck as Raven quickly took a step back when he did so. Erik's hands were immediately coming up to hold Hank's wrist as he was lifted up off the floor and off his feet. Hank was ignoring Charles and Y/n's warning calls, only letting out a deep growl as he continued to glare at the man he was currently choking.

"Don't mock me!" Hank growls out.

"Hank, put him down immediately, please." Charles instructs, yet he didn't.

"Hank!" Y/n calls out in warning.

Fortunately for them, after a couple more seconds, Hank released his hand from Erik's neck as the older male collapsed to the floor they were all currently standing on together. Y/n placed her hand on Erik's shoulder in concern, seeing tears in his eyes and his entire face was red from being choked, crouching down to help him up to his feet.

"I wasn't." Erik croaks out in response.

"Even I got to admit you look pretty badass. I think I got a new name for you. Beast." Alex announces, getting a deep growl from Hank.

"You're sure you can fly this thing?" Sean questions as he motions to the jet.

Hank nods. "Of course I can. I designed it."

It didn't take all too long until they were dispersing, grabbing the things they'd need before heading off into the jet and soon leaving the airbase, heading to where the fight against Sebastian Shaw and his own mutants would be happening in.