𝟕| 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐬

Start from the beginning

The sound of a knock on her door had her looking over, soft voice calling out to the person to tell them to come in. It surprised her when she saw Erik's face walk inside of her bedroom, closing the door behind him before he shoved his hands into his pants pockets while looking around the bedroom he was now standing in.

"Can I help you?" Y/n asks.

Erik shrugs. "I wanted to see how you were doing. We probably won't be able to talk tomorrow."

"I'm alright, I guess." Y/n replies with a shrug. "How are you doing?"

"I'll be better once I know Shaw is dead." Erik admits.

There was a silence as he watched the woman only nod in reply, surprising him a bit. When he had been speaking to Charles just earlier and admitted he was planning on killing Shaw himself, Charles had immediately disagreed about it and about the humans on how they'd fear the mutants.

Erik had expected Y/n to be the same, but she didn't say anything, seeming to not disagree with him. Claiming he should head to bed as he bids her a goodnight, Erik goes to leave the room but stops as the question he's been wondering ever since he met the woman came to his mind.

"When we were at the facility..." Erik begins, turning back around to face her. "...Raven called you Blodreina. And I've been wondering ever since I met you, what can you do?"

Y/n shakes her head. "I don't know, Erik--"

"Is it that bad?" Erik questions, raising a brow.

He watched as the Xavier woman took a shaky deep breath in, slowly sitting down on the edge of her bed as she thought it over about showing him what she could do or kick him out of her bedroom and fight against Shaw with him the next morning. When Erik placed himself down close beside her, his leg brushing against hers, she looked up at him to see his eyes were soft as he continued to stare at her.

"I have the manipulation of blood. I can manipulate that or anything similar to it." Y/n informs.

"I see." Erik murmurs, gently grabbing her hand. "And why have you been hiding it, if you don't mind me asking?"

"When Charles and I were little, we had maids running around all the time. One of them was cooking dinner for us when the knife cut her hand. I wanted to heal it, so I tried to do just that. Unfortunately, it turns out I wasn't healing her cut, I was absorbing her blood. I didn't realize until Charles tried to stop me. I almost killed our maid because I took half of her blood without even realizing it." Y/n explains with a frown. "I was only eight."

"You're scared. Of yourself." Erik points out, receiving a nod before he was grabbing her hand. "You shouldn't be, Y/n. Your abilities are beautiful, just like you are."

The two found themselves staring at each other, a silence coming over between them. Y/n felt the pad of Erik's thumb caressing the back of her hand before he brought her hand up and pressed a gentle kiss to her knuckles, all while staring into her eyes. There was a moment where they didn't do anything before Erik's hand came up to cup the side of her face and both of them were leaning in, pressing his lips against her own.

And both of them felt butterflies in their stomachs.

* * *