Stealing the Show

Start from the beginning

Finally, finally, it was time for my solo rehearsal! Kenzie and Vivi were watching from where I was, and the cameras were filming.

"Okay, Max, your solo is entitled 'When Will My Life Begin.' It's a jazz piece, I know you're good at jazz routines. Let's get going," Miss Abby started, and we began working. "Point those feet! Straighten your legs! Head up, smile."

After a very hard day of working, it was finally time to go home.

"So, do you guys like your solos?" Mommy asked when we got in the car.

"Yeah, mine is pretty good. I'm excited," Maddie replied.

"I'm a mouse!" Kenzie exclaimed.

"Wow, that's so cool! I'm sure you'll be the cutest mouse there," Mommy insisted.

"Mine is Tangled," I spoke.

"Oh, like the movie? Is it a song from that movie?" Mommy questioned, and I nodded. "That's awesome, I know how much you love princesses," Mommy stated. "Max, you have another interview by yourself, just letting you know."

•Four days to competition•

We pulled up at the dance studio, making our way inside.

Maddie and Kenzie went straight to the dancers den.

I made my way to the set with Mommy, where I was told to sit in a chair in front of many costumes.

"Hi, Max. All I want you to do is tell us about your solo, okay? Can you do that for us?" the cameraman asked, and I agreed. "Alright, action."

"My solo is a song from Tangled. I think I forget the name. But I like it. I hope I don't forget it," I spoke, and that was all they needed.

"Good job, kid. You're good to go," he said, and I went to Mommy.

"That was so good, Max. You spoke so well," she insisted. "Your speaking really is getting better."

I went into the dancers den with the other girls. I think Chloe was having a solo rehearsal. The moms were talking in the corner, but I didn't bother to listen.

"How are you guys liking your solos?" Nia asked, doing a split.

"I love mine, it's so fun. But I'm kind of nervous, since this is my first solo for the show," Paige admitted.

"I want to do a good job," Kenzie added.

Chloe came back shortly after, and Maddie went in for her solo rehearsal. Maddie finished, and Miss Abby came into the den.

"Hey, Vivi, I need you for rehearsal," Miss Abby called, taking Vivi into the studio. "Let's go, sweetheart."

"Hey, are those my shorts?" Maddie asked Kenzie. She played dumb.

"What shorts?" she questioned. Maddie rolled her eyes.

"Stop it. I know those are my shorts, I've been looking everywhere for them and you just happen to be wearing them!" Maddie exclaimed in annoyance.

"I like them and they fit," Kenzie shrugged.

"Will you ever stop taking my clothes?" Maddie asked, very annoyed.