Chapter Fifty Two: The Beginning Of Their Feelings (3)

Start from the beginning

Catherine's words somehow became determined.

"I'm sorry, Karina."

Catherine apologized and removed Karina's hand from her shoulder.

"Haa... seriously."

Karina couldn't hold her sister back anymore and buried her face in her hands. What was the point of apologizing?

"!"

Chloe was puzzled and just blinked. Catherine, who was descending the stairs, and Chloe, who was going to climb up, collided into each other.

Catherine soon approached Chloe. She gently held her youngest sister in her arms.

"S-sister?"

When Chloe became confused, Catherine patted her sister's back once and pulled away.

"If you have time later, could you stop by my studio?"

Catherine spoke with a miserable smile. And she went on her way, not bothering to wait for Chloe's answer.

Chloe had no choice but to stand there and stare at her sister's back as her figure gradually moved away. The remark whispered by her sister lingered in her ears.

'I'm really sorry.'

It was a mere apology, but she couldn't figure out why it sounded so sad.

It was the day Catherine Roem declared to her parents that she would no longer live as the eldest daughter of the Roem Family. She seized her destiny by not letting her family even think about bequeathing the title to her nor marrying her off for the sake of the family.

***

Chloe Roem and Gerard Blanchett finally met. It was the day of the engagement of Owen de Hernia and Karina Roem.

'Even if she missed everything else, she wouldn't miss her sister's engagement.'

Gerard was grateful that Owen got engaged just in time.

His eyes didn't budge from the Roem Family during the whole ceremony. No, he didn't know how to get them away from Chloe, who looked as if she was hiding from him.

"It's a very delightful day to have a precious relationship with the Roem Family. Please share this delight with everyone who has gathered here today."

The engagement banquet began upon Owen's words. And as soon as Owen finished his speech, Gerard strode toward Chloe.

'Huh?'

However, Chloe's behavior was ridiculous. Was she moving to the terrace while glancing around?