Chapter Fifty One: The Beginning Of Their Feelings (2)

Start from the beginning

It was just that.

***

Gerard couldn't help but ask.

"What about Lady Roem?"

"Huh?"

It was because Chloe Roem hadn't visited him even once since he woke up after his wound healed. Of course, Lady Roem didn't necessarily have to visit him in the hospital. However...

She had that kind of look when she saw him collapse, so he wondered why she didn't come to visit him, even once. Gerard had the audacity to expect it, as if he had forgotten the fact that he had pushed Chloe away.

"Chloe?"

"Yes, it's not a big matter, but... I was wondering if something happened."

Even so, he hadn't asked her whereabouts until now because he was not shameless enough to do so. However, he naturally became curious when Leila repeatedly came alone.

Of course, the man who coldly abandoned her got injured while saving another woman, so why would she want to come and visit? Perhaps her affection had run out.

"Um, that's kind of...."

Gerard narrowed his eyes as though he was displeased with something.

"You're disappointed."

"What?"

"You're sad that Chloe didn't come to see you after you woke up, right?"

"No, it's not like that at all."

He shouldn't be. He didn't deserve to be upset at young Lady Roem. It wasn't like that at all, he was just wondering.

"Hmm, Really? I thought you two got really close recently."

"...Yes. I've been close to young Lady Roem until recently."

Gerard was lost in thought as he dropped his gaze subtly.

Chloe Roem's painting which he happened to see, the drinking party that was so memorable, and her smile as she looked at the supplies in the small art store.

She always listened to him calmly. Recently, he unknowingly waited for her visit.

It was amazing. Gerard, who took a lot of time to get along with in the first place, had never experienced this kind of thing before. During his first year with Leila, they shouted at each other like enemies, and he even avoided Owen for years.

"Do you know how sincere Chloe was when you collapsed? She came every day to see you."

Gerard's eyes widened at the unexpected remark. Then, the corners of his mouth were drawn up in no time. It was as he expected.

"On top of that, she cried so much on the first day because she felt guilty, so I comforted her."

"Guilty? Why did young Lady Roem feel guilty for me?"

He couldn't understand her behavior.

"Exactly."

Leila shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't even know either."

"Anyway, that's what happened, so don't be too upset."

"I'm not."

"Hmm?"

"What, what?"

"Is there something between you two?"

"What do you mean is there something between us?"

Gerard turned his head, his face stiff. Leila squinted her eyes and looked at her childhood friend as if she were searching for something.