Chapter 13

The Tudor Estate, Florence Italy

From the time that he and his family entered the Florentine Estate that they would be renting for the remainder of their stay. The hours went by like granules in an hourglass. The nerves and anticipation were killing him. He's never had his kind of pressure on him from his family before. He knew he couldn't let them down. Before they left England for Florence he had made an appointment with the Royal Jeweler to commission something for his bride to be. The rumor was that she was the most beautiful woman in the world. Why not make her the best dressed woman there as well? Judging by the shape of her head and her features in her portrait he hand selected the desired shape of the circlet and the stones that would adorn her head. Earlier he sent the circlet over to the Medici residence along with a bouquet of rose lilies and a handwritten note that he was certain would not only make her blush, but would get her even excited for his family's arrival later on. He had asked Wolsey to find some information out for him so that he could effectively do his job in wooing the Medici goddess. Wolsey asked around and apparently Maddalena's favorite flower was rose lilies. He quickly acquired the flowers and made the necessary arrangements for all three of the items; the circlet, the flowers, and his love letter to be sent to the Medici family's Palazzo. Boy he couldn't wait to see her. He remembered when Catherine arrived at court and Arthur was bragging about her to the rest of the men around. Saying oh how he was so lucky that he got the beautiful Italian stallion to be his wife. Now all Harry could do was laugh. He saw the type of love and admiration that his parents had for one another and only dreamed that he would be able to experience that kind of love one day. Although, he knew that dream was just that. A dream and he was a prince love didn't come before duty, it never did. Suddenly there was a brisk knock at his door. Harry rose from his seat on his bed and made his way to the door. Once opening it he was now face to face with his best friend Charlie Brandon.

"Well are you going to let me in or are we going to catch the rest of the court's attention?" he asked his best friend jovially waiting for him to let him in his room. Harry quickly compiled letting his best friend in his bedchamber to discuss whatever was on his mind. Charlie continued "So, are you nervous for tonight?" Harry scoffed, shaking his head in denial.

"No, I'm not nervous. I'm not Arthur. It should be exciting to see if the Medici goddess lives up to her name and is really as beautiful as they say she is." Charlie looked at his best friend carefully for a moment then spoke.

"You do realize how much power you'll have if you're able to pull this off." Harry turned to look at his best friend more intently than before not fully understanding what he was getting at. "Harry, if you marry this girl, yes you'll be a second son nothings going to change that. But, you'll have even more power over your brother and sister-in-law when they're crowned the King and Queen, all because of your wife. You'll have all of Europe at your beck and call. You'll be able to do whatever you want. Can you think of anything better?" Charlie asked. Harry chuckled, clearly amused with the proposition.

"As tempting as that sounds, I'm just worried about the unknown. I don't know how I'll be able to remain at court if I can't succeed at this." Charlie put a reassuring hand on Harry's shoulder.

"You do know that she is still a woman, you should be able to handle this. You are Prince Harry after all. Can you imagine the political headache the crown would have if this mission was on your brother's shoulders and not your own? You'll be fine. Show her what's so special about the English. And get dressed, we leave for the Medici family's Palazzo soon." And with that  Charlie was gone and Harry was left in his room still all alone. He walked back over to the window and looked out at the streets of the Florentine city. Before turning around to get dressed for the celebrations for Saint Luke's day Harry said one thing to himself.

"Alright, beautiful, get ready to see what all the fuss is about the English." 

————————————————————————-

Hey guys, I really mean it this time the wait is almost over! The Medici goddess and the Tudor prince will soon meet! How do you think their first interaction will go? And will they each make a good impression?