• chapter eleven •

"Huh. The Y/N L/N is asking me to climb a tree? You're always full of surprises, hm?"

You rolled your eyes, as you were already standing on a low hanging branch.

"Come on, Kazuha." you grumbled, extending your hand towards him. "We need a new place to have our breaks... unless you really do want to be mobbed by your fans again?"

Kazuha chortled with soft laughter. "I was kidding," he said, taking your hand. "I didn't know you were so serious about finding a safe place for me... aww, is it because you care and want me all to yourself?"

"No, I don't!" you said indignantly in response to his teasing. When Kazuha's eyebrows raised, you sighed, saying, "That's not what I meant. Okay, look, I just want you to have a spot for break time that is peaceful, got it? No ulterior motives."

You hopped off the tree branch and raised your hands to show Kazuha that your fingers weren't crossed. When he didn't look entirely convinced, you snapped, "Do you want to see if my toes are crossed too?!"

Kazuha laughed even harder, his cheeks turning a bright cherry-red color. "Okay, I got the message. I'll climb your tree."

He stepped onto the sprawling roots of the large tree and hoisted himself up onto an uppermost branch.

"Tch. Showoff." you grumped, rolling your eyes as he pulled you up.

The leaves of the tree weren't too obscuring, and there was enough room for you and Kazuha to both sit. You watched as he unpacked his guitar and hung the case on a smaller branch.

At that moment, you noticed how close you were sitting to Kazuha. Your shoulders were brushing, and you could catch the scent of his hair— it smelled like the sweet scent of fall although the season had already passed. You could also see the golden light in his striking red eyes, and you looked away, blushing at how close you were to him.

"So, you need my help with something?" you wondered aloud, as Kazuha tuned and strummed his guitar.

"As a matter of fact I do." he replied, still turning the tuning machines on his guitar. "I have a very big concert coming up in a few weeks— it's going to be in Inazuma, for cherry blossom season."

"Oh!" you exclaimed in surprise, as you leaned back against the firm tree trunk. "And why do you need my help with this, anyway?"

"Because I'm performing a solo song for the final number." he said, finally looking up from his guitar. "I started writing a song, but I needed a drawing board... you're the best one I could think of turning to for help."

"M-me?" you stuttered, nearly falling from the tree branch. After you steadied yourself, you shook your head, insisting, "But I've already told you: I'm not good with songwriting! Or anything with music, for that matter."

Kazuha chuckled. "Oh Y/N, you're so modest. I've heard you sing before; you're really good. And I don't want you to sing this, I just need you to tell me what you think."

Narrowing your eyes, you slowly nodded your head. "Okay then. If it's just listening, I'll stay for it."

"Great!" Kazuha said, smiling brightly. "This is 'Until I Found You'."

Georgia, wrap me up in all your
I want you in my arms.
Oh, let me hold you...
I'll never let you go again like I did...

Oh, I used to say~

I would never fall in love again until I found her...
I said, "I would never fall unless it's you I fall into~"

I was lost within the darkness, but then I found her...

I found you...

Georgia pulled me in, I asked to
Love her once again~

You fell, I caught you
I'll never let you go again like I did...

Oh, I used to say~

I would never fall in love again until I found her...

I said, "I would never fall unless it's you I fall into"
I was lost within the darkness, but then I found her
I found you...

I would never fall in love again until I found her...
I said, "I would never fall unless it's you I fall into~"
I was lost within the darkness, but then I found her
I found you...

As Kazuha strummed the last note into his weathered guitar, you could feel goosebumps rising on your arms.

Even though he said he just wanted you to listen to the song, it felt like he wrote it just for you...

No no no no! you scolded yourself mentally. Agh, just because he was looking at you so dreamily, doesn't mean that those words were actually meant for you!

As you fought with your mind, you completely forgot that you were sitting in a tree. All you felt was falling a short distance to the ground and landing right on your back with a dull thud.

The rays of sunlight peeked through the trees and slightly blinded you as you squinted upwards.

"Ow..." was all that you could muster. You heard something gently thump the ground, and presently someone cradled your head in their arms.

"Y/N?" Kazuha's muffled voice said. "Are you okay?" The picture of his worried face swam blurrily above you, and you blinked to try to get him into focus.

"Oh archons..." you groaned, trying to sit up, only to be pushed down by Kazuha again. "How far did I fall?"

"Not too far." Kazuha said. His voice was sounding a little clearer. "But you landed in a nasty position, though. Are you okay? Should I get medical attention for you?"

"No." you said firmly, choking back a squeal of pain as you stood up. "Sorry for causing you trouble," you added, dusting the dirt and leaves off your clothes.

"No, you never caused me trouble, Y/N." he said to you, shaking his head. "I'm just... glad that you're okay."

"...thanks." you stated reluctantly. You plopped down next to the tree trunk, and patted the ground beside you so that Kazuha would take a seat.

At that moment the sun began to set. You squinted as it shone over the horizon.

You let out a yawn, suddenly realizing how little you slept the previous night. After a full day of work, a nap seemed pretty nice.

And, not caring where you were, you leaned your head onto the nearest soft surface, and drifted off to sleep.

✧•✧•✧

"Kazuha! Ugh, where is he?"

Venti scratched his head in confusion. All he knew was that Kazuha went somewhere in this back courtyard with Y/N...

Suddenly, his ears perked up. Faintly, he could hear the soft breathing of two people behind the big tree in the center.

Venti slowed his walk to a tiptoe. When he peered around the trunk of the tree, he could help but allow a smile to spread across his face.

Kazuha and Y/N were both sound asleep against the side of the tree. Y/N's head was resting gently on his shoulder, and Kazuha's arm was around her waist.

Venti stifled a giggle as he lifted his phone and snapped a picture. With that, he scampered away.

Hehe. Blackmail. he thought sneakily.

✧•✧•✧

♪ Until I Found You: Stephen Sanchez