7. Let Down Your Hair

"The enchantress was so hard-hearted that she banished the poor girl to a wilderness, where she had to live in a miserable, wretched state"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been several weeks since Hap moved out, and Hap told me that Angelina felt that she was so much in my debt for saving Hap's life that she had given me a 20,000 dollar check. I've since put it aside to put down on a new house. Hap now lives in Angelina's old house, he's doing better since things have settled into a routine for him. He texts me once or twice every few days. There is still a warrant out for Angelina.
Just yesterday I finished writing out the copies of all the books in Marie's trailer. I have a second set of all the vials in her trailer as well. I've been looking into auctions, as well as other rare antique shops and black markets for the weapons. Since the weapons are so rare to get a hold of, I've even been in touch with Frank Rabe. I'm hoping since Frank Rabe is a Jägerbar, that he might have confronted me with some of the rare weapons. He told me he would look into some of his contacts to look out for the weapons I've asked for. All the books and vials are now packed into various wooden trunks and bins so that once I find a house I can build a secret room to store all my Grimm stuff in it.
I found a suitable house that could work, it's just outside downtown Portland. It's on a hill overlooking Portland, has plenty of room and is secluded, the address is 5759 Morgan Hill Road. I've put in an offer and am still waiting to hear back. It's a beautiful two-story home near the hill overlooking the river and downtown.
I'm getting ready to head into work when I get a text.

Hey, Angela, how are things going with your Captain?
-Rose

Hey Rose, things are great. We went on our fourth date about two weeks ago. We've even told each other we love each other. Have you decided when you are moving down here yet? I've put in an offer for a house.
-Angela

I text Rose back, I set my phone down and make my way to my car. I get into my car and pull my seat belt on before my phone rings, and I answer my phone.
" Detective Angela Burkhardt speaking."
"Detective, we have a case you might be interested in. It's located by Lake Shannon, where a couple was kidnapped and held hostage. The kidnapper was killed and the couple escaped." Wu says.
"I'm on my way, Wu." I say hanging up. I start my car and I pull away from the curb. I drive 40 minutes away to Tillamook Forest. I pull off into a parking spot and get out as I spot Nick, and Hank waiting by three ATV's. I greet them both as we climb onto the ATV's.
"Thanks." I say as Nick gives me a set of keys, we turn them on and drive several more minutes further into the forest.
Nick takes the lead, I follow after and Hank picks up the rear. We weave in and out of trees, until we make it to the crime scene. We approach the scene, I see several DEA officers patrolling the area. Some DEA officers are cutting down several hundred Marijuana plants. One officer leads us away to the body. Nick, Hank and I put on blue plastic gloves as we step under the police tape. I see an officer using a fingerprint scanner on the body of a male with a severely broken neck.
"Ooh! That is one broken neck." Hank says while snapping a photo. Nick and I bend down to see the body.
"From those abrasions, they probably used a pretty hefty rope." Hank adds.
"What do you know? It's Delmar Blake. We've been looking for him for three years." The DEA officer scanning the prints says.
"What'd he do?" Nick asks, glancing between the officer and Hank.
"Just about everything. We knew he was moving drugs, we just didn't realize he was growing them." The officer says. I lean over and use my tweezers to pick up a piece of hair off the shirt collar of the body.
"Hair?" Nick and Hank ask together.
"Yeah, obviously not his own." I say motioning to his bald head. I place the hair into an evidence bag and seal it up.
"Think he's got a girlfriend around here?" Hank questions.
"Who knows. One way to find out." I say standing up. We walk away from the body and back towards the campsite. A Forest Ranger steps out of one of the tents.
"Got anything for us?" Nick calls out.
"Well, it's kind of weird. There's not a bit of food left, no sleeping bag, no blankets. You got millions of dollars worth of Marijuana plants out there and not one of them was taken." The Ranger tells us. Nick puts his hand on his hips.
"Are you saying someone killed him for his supplies?" Hank questions.
"That's what it looks like."
"Somebody got their priorities screwed up." Nick states.
"Maybe we're talking about Bigfoot?"
"I don't think Bigfoot would fit in the sleeping bag. I'm going to talk to the DEA guys." Nick says walking away.
"All right."
"I'm going to go look around the area, Hank." I tell Hank.
"Okay." I hear Hank answer back before I walk through the surrounding woods. I walk through trees looking for anything odd. I trample through the underbrush, moving ferns and tall grass aside to inspect the ground. I hear a rustle from behind me. I turn to see someone in a black jacket run past me. I see that she is shifted into a blutbad. I'm suddenly shoved out of the way, I land on my back out of breath. Nick lands on top of me pressing me further into the mud.
"Get off me, fat-ass." I pant out pushing at Nick.
"Sorry." Nick says scrambling to get off me. I wince in pain as I notice a two inch gash on my former from hitting a rock.
"What the hell, Nick!" I shout, shoving him once we stand up from the ground.
"I was trying to catch that girl." Nick pants.
"Well, watch your surroundings." I say.
"Did you see what she was?"
"Yeah, a Blutbad." I gasp out, looking at the area she disappeared into.