16. Rubin

I rolled over as I woke up and Arianna was missing from her spot, it was cold meaning she's been up for a while, I sat up, stretched and grabbed my mask. I went to the bathroom, did all my usual morning things, placed my mask on and went downstairs. I didn't bother grabbing a shirt cause it's just me and her.

As I walked down, I heard the sound of cups clanging and food sizzling on the stove top, I turned the corner once I reached the bottom and I saw her cooking breakfast. I smiled to myself before walking up behind her, I wrapped my arms around her waist and I heard her curse to herself "Dammit" she whispered "Good morning" I said planting small, soft kisses on her shoulder "You look good in my shirt" I mentioned and she chuckled.

"You ruined my surprise" She whined "And that was?" I asked "I was gonna bring you breakfast in bed, silly" She replied and I chuckled, "Well.. I appreciate the effort" I said, turning her to face me "Hi" I whispered and she repeated it back, I removed one side of my mask before I placed a soft kiss on her lips as I ran my hands over her hips. She pulled away "Your gonna burn the food" I said and she spun around "Ugh, FUCK YOU" She yelled as I backed up and walked over to the fridge "Hey I like my bacon crispy" I said and she glared at me. I placed my mask back on properly while I glared right back at her and her eyes widened. I saw a blush grow on her cheeks and I smiled to myself "I still have an effect on you huh?" I sarcastically asked "No." She denied "Uh-huh, sure" I chuckled

We sat at the table, her leg bent under her and one leg bent, I sat with one leg under me while the other hung to the floor, I watched as she ate, the small portions she would take, the gentle and easy way she scraped the food onto her fork, somehow she's still so beautiful. Even by doing something that simple, she is so beautiful. She looked up at me as I stared at her, not realising "What?" She asked and I came to "Is there something wrong with it?" She asked "Is it not cooked? I can make more if you-" "No, no it's fine. I'm just lookin' at you" I replied, cutting her off, she paused before I saw a red hugh form over her cheeks, she looked away and I chuckled. "Shut up" She whined.

She looked back at me the tint still visible on her cheeks, "Someone's embarrassed" I joked and she rolled her eyes, I finished up eating, cleaned our dishes and headed upstairs to get dressed, "Ari? Can you grab my jacket from the wash?" I yelled down to her "Ari?" I repeated "ARIANNA?" I yelled, I walked downstairs and she was in the backyard on the phone with someone, she seemed upset.

I opened the back door and she was screaming "YOU CAN'T DO THAT" She yelled "SO WHAT? YOU DO WITH ALL YOUR WHORES, WHY CAN'T I HAVE SOMEONE? HUH? YOU POSSESSIVE ASS MOTHERFUCKER" She finished hanging up, I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her crossed ones, I planted a kiss on her shoulder "Who was that?" I asked "My e- brother. It was my brother" She stuttered "Ari... I heard what you said, that didn't sound like a brother-sister conversation. Who was it?" I asked again and she sighed "My ex.." She sighed "You have an ex?" I asked and she chuckled "Yeah, he's a real piece of work" She said

"How many bullets do I need to put in him?" I asked and she turned around "Rubin no.." "Ari, yes. If he hurt you, I hurt him. You know that" I explained rubbing my hands up and down her crossed arms "How bad?" I questioned and she looked down, I grabbed her chin and made her look at me "How. Bad" I repeated, she sighed "He used to.. take.. advantage of me" she said her voice getting quieter with every word "That mother- where is he?" I asked, my blood boiling "It doesn't matter, he's gone" She reassured, placing her hands on my face, I shook my head. "No, he hurt you, so he pays. Where?" I demanded an answer "Rubin.." "I'm not asking again" I cut her off and she looked almost scared "He's n Clark, he's headed to work-" She said, the second I heard the street I was gone, I grabbed my jacket and I was out the door "But you can't- fuck"

I was gonna find him, he hurt her. So now he pays